Steves Loop

whiteZJ

Hey me and a guy from class are going out to steves loop this friday. it's me and a stock MJ and a fullsize bronco going. if anyone wants to join up with us for a quick run: we are meeting at the albertsons at around 11.

Sauce

hey what is that mj like, shortbed or long bed, what color? Sorry, had to ask, I am an MJ freak

PizzaJeep

im there.. albertsons 11 am.. ill skip work, fudge my hours and go with you guys.. its going to be a quicker run? id love to stick around for hours and hours like last time and bs.. but i REALLY have to go to work sometime on friday(5 by the latest).. are we going up the waterfall or are we going to keep it in 2wheel drive hahah..
ive got my winch.. available for anyone to use.. my deflators and OBA system to fill back up when we're done...

whiteZJ

-David, the MJ is a red shortbed(i think),arb front bumper and 31's.

-Pizza, the other two guys that are coming haven't been out there yet but i think we are doing the waterfalls. its going to be a quick trip, one of the other guys needs to be at work before 5 too. see you friday.

Connect

So if a stock mj can make it can a stock XJ?? Be great to come out do a quick easy run and get to check out some rigs.

whiteZJ

-Connect, i'm not sure if the MJ can do it, but im sure he will probaly try. from what i remeber from last time out it looked like it would be very hard for a stock rig to make it. you would definatly need all your skids(especially rocker protection) but depending on all this rain we have been getting we might not make it through the waterfall. this is just a quick trip out to have a little fun. it would be great if you could come for a few hours with us.

-Nick, i was thinking the same thing about the water. hopefully it wont be too bad, but it could make things really tricky if the rocks are all wet :eek:. climing that switchback could be very interesting ;) after the storms too.

Scrub

Connect, if you plan on going up the waterfall then no a stock XJ will not make it, if you want to go up the other way then i dont see any reason that you wont make it unless its very muddy out there, which it very well could be.

Heres a Few pics of the last run we had out there

Toyotarock4.jpg

RubiRock1.jpg

EricRocks4.jpg

Theres a Few more at
http://photobucket.com/albums/v645/Scrub2k/StevesLoop31205/

You should still have fun out there in a stocker. i had fun and i parked my jeep and rode with Chris last time.

-Matt-

NevadaXJ

Connect said:
So if a stock mj can make it can a stock XJ?? Be great to come out do a quick easy run and get to check out some rigs.

I think looking at it that just about any 4x4 could make it... the question is how much damage did you want to get on the way over. I know I held my breath as Eric was going through when he was less than an inch from the rock wall.

I feel my Cherokee would have made it. There were more than enough spotters and enough extra rocks to move into place, I just try to keep my vehicle as dent free as possible, so I chose not to. Rock crawling isn't really my thing, anyways....

Scrub

yea i didnt want to watch if erics rig slide a little bit and bashed that wall, i was thinking that the whole time he was going up it

fj4play

were is steves loop

i live in washoe valley
were is steves loop from my home
cant make this weekend bu t would like to go sometime
t

whiteZJ

Anyone whos still thinking about comeing, we are meeting at the albertsons at 11. we will be back in town before 5 so its just a quick trip out.

see you tomorow,
Alex

4xyota

david said:
i live in washoe valley
were is steves loop from my home
cant make this weekend bu t would like to go sometime
t
It is about ten miles from the albertson's in spanish spring's tords pyrmid lake if you know where that is the turn off is at the bottom of the hill before the fisherman checkin station.

PizzaJeep

amen to that nevada xj... haha.. i looked under my jeep for the first time the other day after steves loop with everyone.. i should take some pics.. the reason why i had to winch was that i cought myself on one of my body mount posts... it is totally bent now.. but it looks cool... and i dented the hell out of my crossmember even some more... but i dont care about that stupid thing anymore... its been beat to shiznit since a month after i bought the vehicle.. and it is its own damn fault for being so low to the ground.. bad jeep design ( and my tcase lowering spacers haha)... nonetheless, i look at my body damage and smile, feeling a little bit better after reminiscing back on the good times i had doing it...
some guy came up to me the other day at the bank looked at my fender and asked me if he could bend it back straight.. i laughed and told him that he could not pay me to let him fix it.... i would never let anyone fix it!.. i love how it [email protected]~!! i chuckled, as i walked away thinking back on how much fun i had at hunter lake, walking off of a rock, straight into a tree and giving it that beauty mark

chicks dig my rig... its 'hardcore'

Last edited:

PizzaJeep

davidt: to answer your question about the mj that im sure your all interested in... heres his specs

87 mj metric ton shortbed
4.0 5sp
dana30 d44 rear
ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper
ARB air locker in back
geared a little bit, but not much
33" x 10.5" bfg mud on stock TJ rims(15x8)

it did great today... showed up my jeep.. then again alex showed it up pretty well too!