Stolen vehicles in reno

scottb

well, the towyard i got my 4runner back from told me that over 25 cars were stolen in the last day in reno. better lock up tight folks!

flyboy

whats really insulting, is that if you catch theives in the act, and you harm or kill them, youll be spending some cozy nights in the pen with your new bride BUBBA. Some punk M F'ers broke into my truck some years back right outside my window. (I didnt hear anything) They busted the passenger window, stole the nice pioneer I had and just THRASHED the interior and dash. Why the hell did they have to do that. I was in college and had ZERO cash, and NO full coverage ins, so I was up a creek. The cops came and I said..."this would have all been worth it if only I could have caught em doing it.:skull: " I got a lecture for about 10 mins about how much trouble I would have gotten in if I had done something. Im glad you got your truck back man...GOOD FOR YOU!:D I hope they catch the sons of bishes.

Flyboy

d'cheat

Hell, I have found a large number of stolen, and mauled vehicles off on the trails over the years. These were decent trucks/ cars that were wheeld then left for dead. Within a few days, they were shot full of holes, rolled and burned. Gods, that pisses me off.
If I find a truck thats been sitting on the trails for a few days, ill report them here. Who knows.

I susppose Im lucky as of yet. My rigs have never been stolen. But I have had parts stolen. Drive shafts, my alloy axle shafts, sterio and CB, power inverter....
Meh.

scottb

someone stole one of your axle shafts? yeah from now on when i see abandoned vehicles im getting the vin and calling the police... i never really cared too much before- but now i realize that the people that had it stolen from em are prolly really wanting it back. people suck. the few ruin it for the many once again...

DBXJ

acually here in NV if u catch them in the act u can legaley shoot them or beat them to a pulp because they are on your property and are entering without your permission and seeing how i have read in the papers and what not about nevadans shoting ppl they cought stealing there cars and being within there legal rights to do so...
In calif. the laws there protect the criminals more then it does the puplic there if some even come into your house and steals your stuff and beat u to an inch of your life and u shoot them then there u go to jail and then the thief can sue u.

mikeCJ-7

Be careful in your interpretation of the make my day law, it does not provide a blanket of protection. While yes your driveway is your property and someone is trespassing entering your vehicle without permission, the make my day law will not necessarily stand up in court if you just start shooting. You have to have a reasonable fear for your life, i.e. a credible threat to your well-being. I have spent a considerable amount of time debating this topic with a friend of mine who is an attorney, I have always figured shoot first, ask questions later but as it turns out it can become a difficult thing to prove. They also cover this in concealed weapons permit classes.

DBXJ

u forgot one thing protection of your livley hood if that vehical if your only means to make it to work and back to support your well being/family u can legallyhoot and ask questions later... though now NV laws are becoming more and more like calif. i wouldnt doubt that the laws on this will change.

NevadaXJ

NRS 200.200 Killing in self-defense. If a person kills another in self-defense, it must appear that:

1. The danger was so urgent and pressing that, in order to save his own life, or to prevent his receiving great bodily harm, the killing of the other was absolutely necessary; and

2. The person killed was the assailant, or that the slayer had really, and in good faith, endeavored to decline any further struggle before the mortal blow was given.

[1911 C&P § 137; RL § 6402; NCL § 10084]

Good reading here if you are bored....

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-200.html

Connect

you may think shoot first, ask qustions later. But if you really caught someone breaking into or stealing your rig, that they deserve to die? I mean seriously, in all likely-hood its some punk 16 year old that has no idea what he is doing and thinks he is untouchable. No one, has the right under any law to take that persons life for a stereo deck, I would agree 100% if that person went to jail for a long time (for killing) a car thief. Do you really want to KILL someone that was steeling a frieking driveshaft???

Shoot into the air, on the concrete, anywhere that will make the dumbass stop and be subdued long enough for you to call the cops. Trust me, getting shot at will change that persons live for ever, even more so if you hit them in the arm/leg/limb of some sort.

Now home invasion is a whole nother level, especially when you have a family, in that case the thief probably knows what he is getting himself into and I and the jury would support you 100%

DBXJ

now see i never said shoot to kill just shoot at them no matter where its aimed
and yes on the most part they will stop but in like modesto and sac (where i grew up) u shoot and they'll shoot back if they are a car thief but kid though he might shoot back with the way things are screwed up now but for the most part will probly try and run

now as for a car thief being shot at is just gonna make him get a gun when he gets out just ask my friends brother got arrested for GTA and a month later he bought a gun and was right back at it till he decided to pull a gun on the cop in TX

but steal from me im gonna break your fingers if i catch ya...

and me i have been shot at and yea id did make me change i bought a gun becuase i dont like the idea of being shot and having no means to shoot back....

Last edited:

Connect

yea in sac they might pull on you, but hopefully you have the upside and can shoot them before they shoot you. I really hope it's not so bad that 16 year old stereo thiefs are packing, but if they are I would feel less bad about having to shoot them if it came to that. I hope that people don't get that image in their head that every little car thief is packing and wanting to kill you. You can and should be ready in case he is, but if you shoot someone it will probably be the one kid that wasn't and you will never forgive yourself. Use caution and remember they don't want to die just like you don't.

xjmoser

Winers! Oh no dont hurt them they are just kids....sounds like you need to go back to cali. Stop it were it starts not wait til they are adults and doing home invasions...

Thats why this justice system sucks for the victems because everyone feels sorry for the perp. Oh he was mistreated as a child....Blow me

We need to go back to public punishment:chairhit:

NevadaXJ

DBXJ said:
now see i never said shoot to kill just shoot at them no matter where its aimed

One of the first fundamentals of gun ownership is "don't point your gun at something you don't intend to kill". Shooting someone in the leg because they are breaking into your car is only going to get you sued. Unfortunately this is the way it is. Trust me, my first instinct if I saw someone breaking into my stuff would be to open a few new holes in their chest, but with our messed up system, the criminal has more rights than the victim.

If I open fire on someone, I am shooting to kill...... then dragging them into my house. :wave:

NevadaXJ

Connect said:
but if you shoot someone it will probably be the one kid that wasn't and you will never forgive yourself. Use caution and remember they don't want to die just like you don't.

If the little bastard didn't want to die, he wouldn't be putting himself in a position to be shot. Certain decisions that one makes can cause that person to forfeit their life. Act like you are reaching for a gun when a cop has his weapon pointed at you, your life is forfeit.

Someone breaking into my house, and threatening my family has made the concious decision that their life is meaningless, and that they want to die. They may not see it that way, but they are the ones who made the decision to perform the illegal activity.

Scrub

if i catch someone breaking into my house or my vehicle im gonna take them down if i have a gun available im gonna shoot them, it might be a lethal shot it might not. i agree that they made the discision to partake in that activity so i will make the discision to stop them.

d'cheat

A little somthing a cop friend of mine said to me when I told im about this thread. If you feel threatened by sombody and shoot them on your property, make sure to pull the body to that the *chuckle* corps has one foot inside your house. Then its all nice and legal.
If they are stealing your car, tell the cops you were in the car at the time, and they dragged you out. Or they attempted to run you over.

I will never shoot to kill if they are stealing my rig. First off, if they can figure out how to start it, unlock the line locks and shift it out of 4 low, then more power to them.
I wont kill them, But i will make damn certain they will be sucking thier food with a straw for many years.
:D

kairo

Staff member
I love nevada:yes:

I wouldent hesitate to shoot anyone entering my house and putting myself and my........well, I live alone now. But like nevadaXJ said earlier. by breaking into my house, you've already consciously made the decision your life is forfeit.

My jeep on the other hand. They can have it. Insurance is there for a reason. If they tried to drag me out of it.....well thats another story