Stove for Rear Door Table

DiscoveredLC

I'm trying to find a nice stove to take on expeditions. I don't want something that is fairly large, since I want to use it on the back of my truck. Maybe something along the lines of two burners???

We sell Coleman stuff at work, which is ok, but I want something that is NICE! I hate using those stupid little propane bottles.

here's the door, it's 11" x 36"

so what do you guys recommened?
thanks

Attachments

• table.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 1,832
  • table2.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 555

DiscoveredLC

I don't hate the bottles, but it would be nice to go a different route. I've heard of stoves that run off of gasoline or other fuel. I would have to see how it works, but just pooring a bit of gas out of my nato cans sounds like a cool idea. That way I don't need to carry a lot of little bottles.

DiscoveredLC

We have that one at my store, but I wasn't too sure about it.... My dad has it, but it's been so long since we've used it. I'll play around with it some and see if I like it. thanks!

DiscoveredLC

yeah, we have the adapter hose to convert from little bottles to the big tanks. We also have the piece you use to fill up the little bottles from the larger tanks.

I do agree with you on the re-fill thing though....

I'm just looking around for different options.

Shamus30

Here you go Matt...this one runs on propane or butane and it matches the Disco:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160241959266

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I friend at work said that primus makes a stove you can use gasoline in. I'll see if they have it on their site. Have you used any other type of fuel in yours Denis?

I just used gasoline in mine. They say it's ok to use, but not optimal, cause of all the additives, but it burns just fine, not too much soot.

renor27

camping stoves

I use a small back packing stove when just out by my self burns unleaded gas made by MSR
when i am out with more then one use a colman stove burns unleaded gas or white gas though white gas seems to put out more heat water boils faster. Just my 2 cents

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I use a small back packing stove when just out by my self burns unleaded gas made by MSR
when i am out with more then one use a colman stove burns unleaded gas or white gas though white gas seems to put out more heat water boils faster. Just my 2 cents

I have an MSR Shaker Light and it burns on just about anything, but there is WAY more soot with gasoline when compared to white gas, and as you mentioned it does not seem to burn as hot. The small fuel bottles are easy to refill and do not take up much weight though.