Super hardcore tech.........Painting Axles!!!

spoon

Yes I know this could probably be posted over in chit-chat due to a lack of real tech involved but anyways. I have been running my axles without paint since the build up of my buggy. I would like to paint them because I am tired of coating them with WD-40 after every trail run to keep them from rusting. Now before I run down to the store and just buy whatever primer and paint they have on the shelf, I thought i'd ask you guys what brands you recommend and how have they been holding up on your axles?

xjmoser

If they are bare metal you need to etch them before painting.

I use nason single stage automotive paint on my stuff. looks nice and covers 80 grit scratch smooth.

Last edited:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
just use Krylon Rust Tough flat black rattle can and it's very easy to touch up when it gets scratched.

Samco Fab

My pops got a bunch of gallon cans of paint from an estate sale, some sort of 1 part epoxy paint and primer called " Poxy II" . He has some black and grey gallons as well as some primer. From the decription it looks like it might work well for your application. I could get some for like 12 bucks a gallon, and you could pick up a H.F. cheap paint sprayer. something to look into. You could try it on your alxles and if it works clean and mask the whole chassis

KYOTA

Dont know about for suspension parts but I am using Nason on a 69 GMC 3/4 ton I'm restoring. Nason is DuPonts econo-line but it is awesome stuff.