Supply Chain Issues

ScoobyMike

I am having difficulty finding oil for my diesel pickup. Supply chain issues...

Anyone seeing other shortages?

caryt

If ya want I have a 55gal drum of Schaeffer's oil, full syn diesel 9000 5-40, its 2/3's full so approx 36gal left.
$1200, if you also take a full 55gal drum of waste oil I'll sell for $1000

ManNamedJed

Everyone should take a moment to think ahead of any parts, equipment, and other materials they may need and get them ordered now. The company I work for sells automotive wiring items and our wire supplier is booked 6 months out. We have tried to buy 8 months of wire, but with other vendors running out, we are getting all these crazy unexpected orders. Curt Mfg (the company that makes all the trailer stuff) called and bought us out of trailer wire - at retail prices.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a Kioti tractor back in May. It finally showed up mid-September, but still waiting on the backhoe for it I bought at the same time, with no word on when it might arrive.

Trying to get a well drilled, and apparently there's a shortage on well casings too.

DJRENO

And in the last couple of days Biden's Sec. of Transportation, Sweet Pete Butt-gag said the supply chain issue won't end until everyone is vaccinated. Sure sounds like a threat to me.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I bought a Kioti tractor back in May. It finally showed up mid-September, but still waiting on the backhoe for it I bought at the same time, with no word on when it might arrive.

Trying to get a well drilled, and apparently there's a shortage on well casings too.
If they'll refund you on the backhoe I would highly recommend putting it towards a mini ex. I've got an L6060 Kubota with their BH92 backhoe and it struggles to dig in dirt with any rocks and its far more of a pain to get anything done on the property. Thankfully its pretty easy to take on and off other than having to bolt the 3point lower arms back on

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
We've had major issues getting truck parts especially anything with computer chips in them. Cast parts have also been hard to get. I'm guessing half of the stuff is sitting out on container ships too.

Mr_Scott

I have to replace some LED signage at the Pmill and the AC units we ordered this summer are due in some time in Feb/March.

I've noticed how quiet every one in my shop has gotten about the direction the country is heading.

caryt

Sounds more like when Obama took over and everyone blamed the economy on him rather than Bush.
Took time to get here and only time will solve these issues. Not blaming either Trump or Biden for the mess we are in.

ScoobyMike

I wanted to repower my underpowered Merc 40 HP boat with a 70 HP Yamaha over the summer. A few outboards were available but there were no side mount controllers anywhere.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
If they'll refund you on the backhoe I would highly recommend putting it towards a mini ex. I've got an L6060 Kubota with their BH92 backhoe and it struggles to dig in dirt with any rocks and its far more of a pain to get anything done on the property. Thankfully its pretty easy to take on and off other than having to bolt the 3point lower arms back on
I did end up cancelling the backhoe. I'll be renting a mini ex for a few tasks, meanwhile looking for one to buy.