Tahoe side of the Con' w/ a few pics

RWKXJ

This was on Sunday(5/29) morning. There was a patch of snow on the paved access road, then none till the trail head/staging area. Made it about a mile before it turned to solid snow, plenty of tracks to follow, but I didnt make it to Miller lake (lack of lockers and another vehicle). Here are a few pics, as for the Rubicon trip planned for the end of the month???? I dont know I think it will be awefully wet and possibly still lots of snow in shaded areas.

P1010226.jpg

P1010229.jpg

P1010228.jpg

Simple Man

Just remember to Tread Lightly up there. Early wheeling caused a lot of dirty runoff that led to the Lahontan Water Authority to order the Forest Service to close the trail back in 2000.

Of course Friends of the Rubicon was formed and prevented the closure from ever bring enforced.

RWKXJ

Thats why I only went in a little to see what the snow coverage was like, the trail was wet but no muddy or rutty areas. After seeing how much snow and runoff there is I would wait till completely dry to go back there. There is a low lying area near Miller lake that I always worry about, early in the season it is a big water hole, there was a bypass that someone created through a little meadow area that was a worse muddy mess, so this year that area will be very wet for a long time. I love that area up there, and have yet to be able to run the whole trail in my jeep So I would hate for it to close...

KYOTA

We saw you guys up there, we were the guys in the black/blue toy, red toy (me)
rubi29he.jpg
and teal Sami, we stopped and talked to you when you were on your way down. We ended going back up Monday morning and made it to the big mudhole at Miller lake and turned around, we didnt want to stir it up. Real purty up there cant wait to hit it again this summer. RWKXJ did you guys find a camera down at the parking lot where the toilets are? my buddy left his camera sitting on a rock next to the toilets Sunday afternoon when we headed up the first time. His girlfriend is pissed.

RWKXJ

Sorry KYOTA I didnt see a camera, wish I had hooked up with you guys and gone to the water hole, oh well, when its dry!