The Relentless 3rd gen

BUILTnotBOUGHT

I thought i should start a build thread now that I finally did something, so here it goes.
Huge thanks to Dylan(Deluxxx,) Eric(Relentlesstaco,) and tyler(85yota) for helping me with the swap and an even bigger thanks to Eric for letting me borrow the Relentless shop for a weekend.
When I first got the truck

after 3" balljoint spacer lift and some 33" baja claws

and heres how it looked when it rolled in the shop yesterday morning

and then on to the swap

BUILTnotBOUGHT

Starting to drop ifs

Ifs barely hanging on

the leaf pack I put together with some rears and some left over main leafs dylan had

Beefy front hanger all the mounts and hanger parts cut on Erics Cnc

Getting the front axle under

BUILTnotBOUGHT

getting ready to hang the axle

axle is finally under the truck hanging

trucks on the trailer headed home for a little bit of work before its road worthy
shes finally home, my goal is to be driving it wednesday

DiscoveredLC

Cool! I saw that truck parked out by north valleys high school last week or so. Cant miss it with that bright orange!

Looking good so far.

BUILTnotBOUGHT

Thanks! Yup that was me. If you need stuff like hanger and shackles and shock tabs for your swap let me know. Eric (Relentlesstaco) could cut it all custom for you. Way beefier than trail queer or even marlin

DiscoveredLC

Thanks! Yup that was me. If you need stuff like hanger and shackles and shock tabs for your swap let me know. Eric (Relentlesstaco) could cut it all custom for you. Way beefier than trail queer or even marlin
Really? Cool thanks man! That would be awesome... I'd rather keep my money at a shop here instead of ordering online anyways. I'm going to build my front hanger hopefully this week, but if he can cut out some shackles and mounts for the rear that would be awesome.

But trail gear will be CHEAPER AND HAVE WARRANTY!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

BUILTnotBOUGHT

I tried to do the alignment today but couldn't get it drive able yet. Got death wobble super bad. Not sure what to do to remedy that bit I gotta come up with something

WennJR

Premium Member
Looks awesome, Kolt. I bet you're stoked. I hope you get that DW figured out soon.

BUILTnotBOUGHT

Got death wobble taken care of, looks like it was caused by bent rim, no sleeve in bushings and too much toe in. Drive it to sparks today with no problems so I think I've gotten in fixed. Need to relocate steering box and do something with rear to get it wheeling. But I'm close

BUILTnotBOUGHT

So drove it around town all day today with no shocks. A little bouncy but death wobble hasn't came back so I think I've taken care of it. Getting some lift springs for the rear, not digging the prerunner look

BUILTnotBOUGHT

Went and picked up some more parts today. Lift springs for rear, 5.29 LSD v6 3rd and a cv driveline. Gunna try to weld up the LSD and get it to a true locker