this is my setup...need opinions

cowboy

Ive got a 94 yj with a 4" pro comp susp. lift and 33x12.5's. Other than that its stone stock. It does just fine in the mud in Washington state but doesnt flex for squat in the rocks here in california. Im moving to the reno area next spring and am not familiar with the terrain there. Should i do a SOA with stock (or equivelant) springs, a COC or just buy a TJ and make it crazy while using my YJ for my daily driver?

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
SOA on stock springs, SOA on RE 1.5" SOA specific springs, or RE 4.5" SUA springs will provide plenty of flex. Well, anything will, compared to ProCrap leafs.

xjmoser

Denis said:
, or RE 4.5" SUA springs will provide plenty of flex. Well, anything will, compared to ProCrap leafs.

I agree with denis mostly!

SOA on stock springs, SOA on RE 1.5" SOA specific springs:D :thumbsup:

Dont waste your money on any SUA set-up:barf:

cowboy

Thank you gents, I appreciate your opinions. Where do i find RE 1.5 specific springs and where is a good neighborhood in reno/sparks? Dont want my JEEP broken in to 4 times a year like here in Calif. The welding and fab wont be a problem, its what i do. More info would be appreciated.

Styx

Well if you don't want your rig broken into avoid stead. I just had my stereo and power converter ripped off. OH, and they stole my Hi-Lift bag to put it in :( left all my recovery stuff though :rolleyes: So far I've had to cars broken into in stead, one downtown, and one at the university. :banghead:

My advise is move wherever just don't leave anything valuable in your rig.
Maybe I'm just a big :mama: I just hate replacing stuff over and over.

86xjfor8

StyxNBones said:
Well if you don't want your rig broken into avoid stead. I just had my stereo and power converter ripped off. OH, and they stole my Hi-Lift bag to put it in :( left all my recovery stuff though :rolleyes: So far I've had to cars broken into in stead, one downtown, and one at the university. :banghead:

My advise is move wherever just don't leave anything valuable in your rig.
Maybe I'm just a big :mama: I just hate replacing stuff over and over.
wow where in stead do you live I have been out here for 2yrs and havent had any problems guess I have just been lucky

Styx

Yeah, everyone says my luck is crap in that department. :eek:t: I'd probably get robbed anywhere :( :rolleyes:

JOE THE TOE

See ADAM at Donny's 4wheel drive world & he knows the exact springs everybody is talking about,I've ordered 2 sets from him...They are a 1.5 Rubicon Express Extreme Duty reversed eye.I've ran regular Rubicons,Pro-comps,superlift,stock,old man emu,etc & these are the only one's I havn't broke yet plus they flex just as good as the Old Man Emu's! ;) (775)323-7737

JOE THE TOE

Let me guess,4wheel parts? :lolrun: :disagree: If you want a crawler I'd go to jake & bryan @ TruckTown,but as far as just ordering parts either adam @ Donny's or Jake @ Trucktown....I've never met anyone who knows part #'s like these two guys,and that meens alot when it comes to getting the right part the first time.Nothing against Samco Fab I just have never met him.I would like to though. :D

xjmoser

JOE THE TOE said:
Let me guess,? :lolrun: :disagree: If you want a crawler I'd go to jake & bryan @ TruckTown,but as far as just ordering parts either adam @ Donny's or Jake @ Trucktown....I've never met anyone who knows part #'s like these two guys,and that meens alot when it comes to getting the right part the first time.Nothing against Samco Fab I just have never met him.I would like to though. :D

4wheel parts. Thats the sh it and not in the cool way...

JOE THE TOE

Ditto! :D SH!T SH!t Sh!t sh!t sh!T sH!T Sh!T SHAT FAT MAT SAT CAT(PUSSY-CAT) FLAT PAT TAT DAT STAT SPAT :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
xjmoser said:
Dont waste your money on any SUA set-up:barf:

dont tell it to my old YJ. :rolleyes: lower COG, minimal axle wrap, protects your steering better...

Attachments

• bfae.jpg
    bfae.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 72

PizzaJeep

denis:(you dont wanna get into all of the stuff that jake has been up to lately... its a bag of worms)

to the cowboy who started this thread: your best bet is to wait till you get to reno and THEN make your own judgement. there are a buttload of rocks. you are about 60 miles from the rubicon. the winters make lots of snow wheeling fun, which creates mud and water to play in. the surrounding mountains have just about any type of trail you can think of. hard, medium easy. you name it and northern nevada has it... the thing you WILL build your jeep for is what kind of wheeling and terrain suits your fancy. some of us like rocks, some like mud, some like desert racing, some like trail running, some like going to to mall, some dont even make it out of their driveway... pick your poison then talk to us about how to build it...

BTW. reminder.. if anyone needs stuff from rubicon express... ask me. ill give you anything thats mfr'd by them at 25% off(basically)(its a little more difficult to calculate than that, but its close)

BUY RE FROM THE PIZZA BOY~!!

Norm the Big

Build for rocks and you'll be able to handle anything else. I thought of doing a SUA setup for awhile just to minimise wheelhop as Dennis mentioned. Whatever you build, Wheel it and you'll be happy. Hell I'd try the procomp setup just to see how it does. It couldn't hurt and you'll still be wheeling. :thumbsup:

cowboy

BigNorm said:
Build for rocks and you'll be able to handle anything else. I thought of doing a SUA setup for awhile just to minimise wheelhop as Dennis mentioned. Whatever you build, Wheel it and you'll be happy. Hell I'd try the procomp setup just to see how it does. It couldn't hurt and you'll still be wheeling. :thumbsup:
Im still wheeling every other day but it doesnt like rocks, so im still a happy man, nonetheless. It should rain soon in the canyon (lots of mud) so it will only get better. I do have a front axle/brake prob. though. Can anyone give advice on this prob? I just replaced the rotors and pads with new ones. The calipers are fine but didnt check the bearings.?.? The problem is the front wheels drag, so it seems, to the same degree. Any input?