THIS SUNDAY 8/19: Short Range Tactical Rifle

Das Capitolin

THIS SUNDAY 8/19: Short Range Tactical Rifle

Shoot targets at 100/200/300 yards, with plenty of practice beforehand.

Open to all rifles, and lots of experienced shooters to bring you up to speed. We'll even be done well before lunch!

https://palominogunclub.org/competition-info/event-descriptions/short-range-tactical/

DJRENO

Premium Member
I've never done this before, but I'm going to try to make it. Being a newb I hope I don't make fool out of myself.

Das Capitolin

I've never done this before, but I'm going to try to make it. Being a newb I hope I don't make fool out of myself.

We've had plenty of first-timers do quite well, so no worries. There will be people there guiding you through each stage, so you can focus on the shooting. I suggest at LEAST 60 rounds of ammo, but bring more if you need to zero your rifle.

DJRENO

Premium Member
We've had plenty of first-timers do quite well, so no worries. There will be people there guiding you through each stage, so you can focus on the shooting. I suggest at LEAST 60 rounds of ammo, but bring more if you need to zero your rifle.

Reloading right now - off to the Carson range tomorrow to zero and pick my poison as to the loads that seem to work best.

ManNamedJed

I've done a few. They are a lot of fun!

Don't sweat the ammo too much. 8" plate at 300 yards doesn't require sub MOA accuracy. Just determine your drop at the different ranges.

Bullydog

Looks like the turn out was great, I had to miss this match. Was my 22nd anniversary to a wonderful wife.

velvetant

Wife and I went out to check it out, we couldn't show up early enough to shoot but we did like it and hope to get out there.
We also checked out the varmint silhouette the week before. Again we couldn't get out early enough to shoot but we also want to try that one with our long rifles.
We went out shooting yesturday in the desert to make sure all our rigs are sighted in and ready.