tie rod

Sauce

I need a tie rod for my mj, the one I have is bent and the bolt isn't big enough for the knuckle. If you have any suggestions or have an extra one laying around, let me know.

EricsXJ

You need a stock MJ drag link? Assuming that XJ's are the same I may be able to help. I have my stock steering that I have for trail spares but I have an additional drag link by itself. The only problem is the hole for the tie rod to attach to has been drilled out to a different taper - to actually mount the tie rod through the front of the drag link instead of from behind. If this would work its yours free. Or do could you use my trail spares instead?

Sauce

EricsXJ said:
You need a stock MJ drag link? Assuming that XJ's are the same I may be able to help. I have my stock steering that I have for trail spares but I have an additional drag link by itself. The only problem is the hole for the tie rod to attach to has been drilled out to a different taper - to actually mount the tie rod through the front of the drag link instead of from behind. If this would work its yours free. Or do could you use my trail spares instead?
thanks eric, I think I am just going to go down to PnP and get a beefier drag link considering I tacoed it on the rti. What is the easiest way to get it off the pitman arm, I had a hard time getting it off?

EricsXJ

Mine was hard to separate it from the piman too, mostly because there isn't much room to swing the hammer up there. I heated up the pitman with a torch and continued the banging until it popped off.