Tire carrier problem

jeepthing146

I want to take my stock tire carrier off but it does not seem as though i can do so without cutting the wires, is there any way around this????? Does anyone know how to help me........I want to be able to sell it but it won't be sellable if I cut the wires...arggghhh

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
jeepthing146 said:
I want to take my stock tire carrier off but it does not seem as though i can do so without cutting the wires, is there any way around this????? Does anyone know how to help me........I want to be able to sell it but it won't be sellable if I cut the wires...arggghhh

The wires are for the 3rd brake light, there's no connectors anywhere between the light and the contact connectors at the tailgate. you can remove the 3rd brake light from the tire carrier (as it's not a part of it) and leave the light hanging there while you remove the carrier. then you would have to lengthen the wires depending on where you'd place the 3rd brake light. (i assume you're getting a swing-out tire carrier). and good luck trying to sell the stock tire carrier thingy.