Tires for a 2003 F350

kairo

Staff member
My dad's gonna need new tires for his truck come fall, and he certainly won't listen to me, as I keep saying, "Boggers! MT/Rs! Krawlers!" So annnyways, he needs something a bit more aggressive than the stock firestone steeltex A/Ts
Steeltex_AT.jpg

However he wants them to have a long treadlife and be quiet on the road. He wants to get his cake and eat it too.

So lets hear what you guys would get. I'm pushing for the Bridgestone Dueler Revos. They are supposed to be awesome all around tires. I had the regular bridgestone duelers and had no complaints with them either.

anyone have experience with firestone desination M/Ts?

Aaron, he said he'll order them from you too if you can get whatever he decides on.

DBXJ

well the deulers are great my roomate has them and he likes em
and the goodyear wrangler mts are nice too

Zebaru

I'm not sure how agressive a tire you want, but if it is an all terrain you are looking for, consider the Toyo Open Country.

My uncle used to be a logger, and drove his rig on gravel roads almost exclusively, and swore by them.

After gravel roads ate the sidewall on 3 of the stock wranglers (seperate events) on my dad's 97 Dodge dually, he switched to the Toyos, and has had zero problems. Not exactly scientific evidence here, but he still drives the same roads...

Like most AT's, I suspect they suck in the mud.

Travis

Samco Fab

No question at all... BFG KO All Terrain. I believe they are the best all around tire for off road and on road, tread wear, toughness and price, as well as good looks. Other tires are great in some aspects but the KO's are good at just about everything except deep mud and dont have any major drawbacks. :yup:

Sauce

samco fab said:
No question at all... BFG KO All Terrain. I believe they are the best all around tire for off road and on road, tread wear, toughness and price, as well as good looks. Other tires are great in some aspects but the KO's are good at just about everything except deep mud and dont have any major drawbacks. :yup:
wow, nice plug for bfg. They wouldn't happen to be one of your largest sponsors, would they? :rolleyes: Actually, I happen to agree. I have had 2 sets in the past and have had 0 problems, love em!

Samco Fab

davidt said:
wow, nice plug for bfg. They wouldn't happen to be one of your largest sponsors, would they? :rolleyes: Actually, I happen to agree. I have had 2 sets in the past and have had 0 problems, love em!

Crap, you caught me, I still believe everything everything I said and technically I am not the one sponsered, my customer is. I dont receive anything but I actually feel a loyalty to BFG and Michelin for what they do to support rock crawling and off road racing.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Is he looking for stock size replacements or a larger/different size? How much load does this truck see? Does he need E load range tires? That load range limits your choices...

spoon

samco fab said:
Ditto on the BFG All Terrains. I currently have them on my F350 and I like them a lot for a street tire. They don't wear down quickly, aren't noisy, and handle snow and ice well.

kairo

Staff member
He's looking for roughly the same size. what ever about 33" is in metric. The truck doesn't see very heavy towing, so that's not an issue either.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
BFG ATs are good, also another word for Toyo Open Country ATs.

opat.jpg

according to TireRack looks like the stock tire size is 265/75-16.