to Moab and back

maxamillion2345

Nice video. Looks like you're getting better at editing too. :thumbsup:

Nice video max... How did the testings go?

Thanks Josh. Testings... I uhh... what was I testing?

Pretty Intense! Do you know what rating that was on the scale they use there? Like one to five?

The first obstacle in my video is the hardest. It's a bit of a ledge and a squeeze. With a fair amount of rock stacking you should be able to get through with your 4runner. The trail's difficulty varies with the amount of water in the bottom but I've read that it's a:

"3 1/2 Road in difficult terrain, probably maintained only by occasional users. Excellent stock truck or utility vehicle required, with considerable driving skill and daring needed."

or

"Rating of 5: the highest challenge for a stock Jeep Wrangler without body damage, winching, or possible breakage. You may have to work on some of the bigger rocks and challenges, but you should make it through everything without too much trouble. You will need 4-Wheel Drive and you should not go alone."

or

Red Rock 4Wheelers give it a 6

"Roads are difficult with considerable erosion damage repaired just enough to be passable. Water in excess of 12" is possible with mud conditions. Steps not exceeding 24". Tall tires (33" plus) with traction added devices (lockers, limited slips) are recommended. A winch would be a plus. Enhanced suspension travel and ground clearance are helpful. Excellent driving skills are recommended."

everyone uses different scales so go by the descriptions

We really only had trouble in one spot, that being the first. Josh made it through without damaging his bumpers. I chose the wash and damaged my rear bumper. We both dragged out hitches a few times and used the sliders. My skid also took a few hits as noted in the very first part of the video where I smack the rock right before I honked my horn. Whoops.

http://www.4x4now.com/mtkcc.htm

Last edited:

Spence621

"Roads are difficult with considerable erosion damage repaired just enough to be passable. Water in excess of 12" is possible with mud conditions. Steps not exceeding 24". Tall tires (33" plus) with traction added devices (lockers, limited slips) are recommended. A winch would be a plus. Enhanced suspension travel and ground clearance are helpful. Excellent driving skills are recommended."

everyone uses different scales so go by the descriptions

We really only had trouble in one spot, that being the first. Josh made it through without damaging his bumpers. I chose the wash and damaged my rear bumper. We both dragged out hitches a few times and used the sliders. My skid also took a few hits as noted in the very first part of the video where I smack the rock right before I honked my horn. Whoops.

http://www.4x4now.com/mtkcc.htm
Haha I don't have any of those things mentioned except sliders. I think I'll go with something easier.

maxamillion2345

I think my truck stock with sliders could have made it but that was with 31s. 28's might be a tid bit small, I still think you could make it though, with minor rock stacking and some balls.

I've got some videos of you Josh, that highlight my terrible spotting skills, let me know if you're okay with them. I'm using Final Cut Pro. I do have school, not sure what I was testing for haha.

I'll have the second video up in a bit.

sierrahsky

Looks good dude. You shot all this in 980? We need to get together to exchange some stuff cause I wanna see these things in real hd. You going ot be around in june or will you have already left?

sierrahsky

YOu did not waste money.... I doubt he ran the trails we did with that thing..... Well I hope he didnt at least... maybe he was the one who left the tube step.

maxamillion2345

I was kidding I really built it to look cool so it doesn't matter what trails I can run. :D J/K. No though, I'll be gone by the end of May. It was in 720p, we'll get together soon no worries.

sierrahsky

I wish I could have a few pictures of my face when we were on that really steep area. For those of you who dont know, I (the guy in the tacoma w/out the steel bumper) am FREAKING TERRIFIED of heights. I was crawling super slow because every rock I had to catch my breath.... The canyon drop was really getting to me and my nerves were through the roof. I am lucky that I had max there to guide me along because I was damn near white by the time I got to the top.

maxamillion2345

I wish I could have a few pictures of my face when we were on that really steep area. For those of you who dont know, I (the guy in the tacoma w/out the steel bumper) am FREAKING TERRIFIED of heights. I was crawling super slow because every rock I had to catch my breath.... The canyon drop was really getting to me and my nerves were through the roof. I am lucky that I had max there to guide me along because I was damn near white by the time I got to the top.

Guide haha, well if I gave the illusion of a guide at least that helped calm you. :D