Tochikoma

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
That’s Japanese for Landcoma. I swore off Toyota’s as a new rig cause I wanted v8 power, well then my Nieghbor made me a deal I couldn’t refuse. It’s 94 shortbed, 22re manual truck right in my wheelhouse. I planned a simple build with a solid mini truck axle up front and a single 4.7 case. That went out the window when a couple other friends practically donated to the cause. Now it’s a 3rz, R151f,single 4.7 case, fj80 front axle and since that axle is 5” wider than my current mini rear I built a hybrid rear. I cut the center out of a Landcruiser axle with the 9.5 diff and a cut the ends off a Tacoma axle with their shafts and welded it up. This is the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Marlin refreshed a R151f transmission for the Tochikoma. Has a 4:31 first gear upgraded shift fork and I’m going to make a short throw shifter for it.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
A 2TR-FE bellhousing a very critical part I needed for the R151f transmission to 3RZ motor to swap into my Tochikoma

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Hellfire knuckles are out of stock until the end of July. And I’m 5k short of buying all the other parts I need. Oh well looks like 2020 summer will be spent on the street with my hot rod.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Creature comforts Corbeau seats, a wheel and some shift knobs

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Marlin Crawler picked up my 3rz today to tear it down and get it prepped to go into the Tochikoma. When he looked it over he wasn’t too happy about a couple of things so I hope it’s not screwed up I hope I didn’t get shanked on the deal when I bought it.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Changed my mind about a single 4.7 case and going with dual cases instead. Marlin brought me a couple of 23 spline inputs and I ordered up a MC08 to put it altogether.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Got my motor back from Marlin and he went to town porting it!! Genuine Toyota gaskets and a t100 oil pan all installed for the swap. That’s a gallon ziplock half full of aluminum shavings. He removed the balance shafts as well.

Brad

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing the process. Great motivation to get off the couch and pick up a wrench during this lockdown!