Forward shift triple stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
And to go with the triple stick a short throw shifter for the R151F trans

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Um..... is it crazy that after all this work I’m thinking about ditching the Toyota case for an Atlas 2 speed?

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
How much shorter will the drivetrain with the Atlas be?

1/8” longer. I have to use a Toyota low gear case in front of the Atlas. I’m going to use the AA new cast low case, AA adapter and then Atlas. So 4 speed case set-up 2.28, 4.3, 9.8 with front dig without any goofy driveline disconnect.

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
and Why not go with a 4 speed and get 2.7, 3.8 and 10.34 is close enough to what you're doing, but its one transfer case.

What is the 2 speed case going to cost? $2,500?

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Bought the case used. It has the drive flanges I want and the input I needed. By the time I get the other parts I will have a 4 speed case at close to the same cost as a 2 speed new.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Forgot to add that to adapt an atlas to a R151f Toyota transmission easily you use a toy low range box and an AA adapter. The low range housing from Aa is beefy that’s why I want to use it.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
25 years of wheeling, 17 years in business and I can finally have something nice for myself. 2.28, 4.3, 9.8. Now to find a truck to cut up. I was going to use this single cab truck I have but the nerve pain in my left leg is intolerable after an hour and a half and I need to be able to extend it all the way.

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Found a couple trucks 1 with a title and crunched front end and another 2wd in good shape no title. No motors or transmissions but I didn’t need any of that anyway. Moving forward

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
Looks like a perfect base to start with.

This one is an auto and the dash is ripped apart to get the truck started and the shift lever to move, inside has that not so fresh feeling. The other truck I was going to get that was a little damaged on the front is way more damaged than advertised and I’m now reconsidering which direction to go.

DirtyChemist

Premium Member
Haven’t you ‘changed your mind’ a few times in this thread? Dual cases instead of a single 4.7 comes to mind.

What directions are you considering? 37s and a longer wheelbase than stock?

Dr Smash

Reno4x4 Vendor
I want to build a trail truck with glass and opening doors ,interior however with keeping the 94 truck stock I have a winter vehicle and I could build this one to the same specs as I did my last truck.