Toyo M/T Tires

Dr. Marneaus

Premium Member
Anybody have any experience with Toyo M/T's? Care to share that experience?

I'm looking for a 255/85r16 tire and there are so few options. Wish there was a BFG AT. The Toyo seems like it would be okay for my truck, I just dont know anything about them. I'm hesitant about muds because the KM2's I had on my wagoneer wore all bad and were cupping, got ultra god awful loud, had sidewall splits, chunked alot, etc.

Are the Toyos a good tire?

I'll be putting them on my 69 highboy.

Dr. Marneaus

Premium Member
The AT3's are a great tire...if available in that size
They are not. There are literally 7 tires. Toyo MT's, KM3's, Yokohama MT's, A Toyo commercial tire for $400 each, an ugly mastercraft AT, a cooper ST maxx, and some goodyear srtreet tire.

The Toyo MT is the only one I think would look even reasonably correct on the truck, and in this instance thats fairly important.

willys dave

They are not. There are literally 7 tires. Toyo MT's, KM3's, Yokohama MT's, A Toyo commercial tire for $400 each, an ugly mastercraft AT, a cooper ST maxx, and some goodyear srtreet tire.

The Toyo MT is the only one I think would look even reasonably correct on the truck, and in this instance thats fairly important.
I hope you have better luck than me with Toyo tires. I hated them because I could never balance them and they are really heavy.

Dr. Marneaus

Premium Member
I hope you have better luck than me with Toyo tires. I hated them because I could never balance them and they are really heavy.

I noticed how heavy they were when researching.

Reconsidering based on some stuff Im reading. May go with Yokohama....

DJRENO

Premium Member
II changed out the stock KMs and went with the AT IIIs much quieter. No problem with balance, but they are heavy.