Trac bar design

rusty_tlc

I've been thinking about trac bar designs.
Anybody have thought's on which design works best?
Is a front axle trac bar really needed?

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
It improves steering response, by eliminating side-to side movement of the axle as you steer.

You don't really need it with leaf springs, as it will only limit the flex, it will bind as the leaf springs want to move in a different arch compared to what trackbar will allow.

You absolutely must have it with coil springs.

rusty_tlc

Denis said:
It improves steering response, by eliminating side-to side movement of the axle as you steer.

You don't really need it with leaf springs, as it will only limit the flex, it will bind as the leaf springs want to move in a different arch compared to what trackbar will allow.

You absolutely must have it with coil springs.
I'm more worried about axle wrap, a known issue when you spring over a Cruiser.

MR.ROCKAPE

Check out the one from www.samsoffroad.com looks like it would be an easy design to copy.That is what I am planning to do on the rear of project STREET CRAWLER once I figure out what axles I am going to use and do a spring over.

rusty_tlc

rockape said:
Check out the one from www.samsoffroad.com looks like it would be an easy design to copy.That is what I am planning to do on the rear of project STREET CRAWLER once I figure out what axles I am going to use and do a spring over.
Nice site. Good prices on the borgensen stuff, I spent more at Summit for Flaming River parts.
I also know what a trac bar is, it's a Jeep thing. :D I can see why Denis was confused by my post.