TrackBar Frame Mount Nut?

Scrub

I tried for about 2 hours today to get that nut to come loose, i cant get it to budge, anyone have any ideas on it?

Thanks
-Matt-

Scrub

The only thing im worried about with heating it up is that everything in that area under my jeep is caked with power steering fluid from when my pump was leaking severly, i dont want to burn my jeep :( but i think that might be my only option cause i cant get a breaker bar or impact in that area......

Thanks guys
-Matt-

Scrub

Yea but that area isent that easy to clean out, behind the nut its like a little bowl, ive cleaned it pretty well but i just worry about catching things on fire......

blackwidow

well get it the best you can, and then do it again! even if you took a piece of heavy duty sand paper, or some sort of 'scrub' brush..........yeai had to use that one

Scrub

Well DBXJ and I got the old one off and the new one on, just took a little heat from the propane torch and some elbow grease.

Only other problem is that the bolt that i got with the new track bar did not fit through the hole in my frame bracket, so we had to use another nut and bolt that was a little bit smaller in diameter. oh and now i need to adjust my draglink cause my steering wheel is way off center.

thanks for the help david

-Matt-

EricsXJ

Scrub said:
Only other problem is that the bolt that i got with the new track bar did not fit through the hole in my frame bracket, so we had to use another nut and bolt that was a little bit smaller in diameter.

You are supposed to drill out that hole to 5/8". If you use a smaller bolt, the heim joint will have play in it and I don't think that would be good. It'll probably clunk like a motha'.

PizzaJeep

yea what he said... i was just about to say the same thing.. you have to drill it out a bit so that it fits perfectly, if you just use a smaller bolt, it wont be in there tight enough, and since theres a lot of force behind the trackbar, youll feel it... good

Scrub

Well all the instructions that i read never said anything about that, so i will be doing that tomorrow after work. thanks for the reply's, and we tried calling you eric but noone was home, we knew you would have the answer :)

-Matt-

EricsXJ

Scrub said:
we tried calling you eric but noone was home, we knew you would have the answer :)

I was home... You gotta leave a message with call back number because we don't answer it if we don't recognize the name or number on caller ID.