TTB MJ

Toymerica

Got the TTB MJ on her feet late last night. Running 33s for now. ORIs charged and ready to go out for a shake down test around the neighborhood. But whoever owned it before me mixed the damn coolant too diluted so everything was slushed/frozen up. Gotta get it thawed, drained, flushed & changed and hope nothing in the coolant system broke.

Toymerica

Got the front end of the TTB MJ all set up, and drove it from my buddies house back to mine. Truck handles super well on the road.

Front is set 1" lower than where it will be. Rear is still the stock d44 and stock height. I gotta get going on my 9" axle and Deaver springs to get the rear caught up to the front.

She's looking pretty sweet though:

Oh yeah and I gotta make a scrap run to get rid of all the stock take off stuff.

Last edited:

turbobrick

That is one of the nicest things about a MJ. Play truck and work truck at the same time. I liked taking mine to the dump, always ended up sidetracked and wheeling after emptying the bed.

Toymerica

That is an awesome build! Are you going to plate the rest of the frame?
Yeah, it's going to get 3/16" plating on the majority of the frame. I'm going to do the rear plating when I put in the ford 9" and Deaver springs, And then I'll do the center section left when I build sliders

Toymerica

Got around to pulling a bunch of the front apart for paint. Made a little paint boot in my garage to hang and paint the steering links, and radius arms from.

turbobrick

This may be a silly question, but why a TTB? Wouldn't a SAS be be easier and better ?
TTB is proven to work really well for go fast in the desert, and actually works pretty well crawling too. The Torchmate TTB Ultra4 and the Filar XJ both have proven the concept, let alone legions of Rangers in all forms of desert racing. Its hard to beat for lower ride height coupled with travel and 4x4 capability.