TTB MJ

Toymerica

TTB is proven to work really well for go fast in the desert, and actually works pretty well crawling too. The Torchmate TTB Ultra4 and the Filar XJ both have proven the concept, let alone legions of Rangers in all forms of desert racing. Its hard to beat for lower ride height coupled with travel and 4x4 capability.
Thanks for killing it on the response man. He's right. I'm Building the rig so it can literally do everything. It's going to be my dedicated daily driver when I can't ride the motorcycle of course. Ill be able to drive it on the highway clear across northern Nevada to go hunt, catch a lot of skinny pedal and hopefully some good air through the desert, and best of all still be able to pull it into 4 low when I need to get through the rocks.

Hopefully in the next couple years I get everything worked out and dialed so that I can start desert racing it as well. Gotta graduate college and get a big kid job first though!

Ifs does work too, so don't get me wrong, the beams are just tried and true. Less to break and they let me keep the rig a lot lower center of gravity than an 8.8 ifs swap would have and in my opinion give me a more functional and reliable setup in the rocks.

Toymerica

I got all of the front fab work painted and back together. Went cheap with the Chevy lowering shackles as a lift shackle in the rear to get me by until I get the 9" and Deaver springs in. Fresh power steering pump, serpentine belt, tranny cooler lines and added in a secondary tranny cooler as well.

Toymerica

Wow, that came out nice! Bet it's fast too!
It's slow as a turd with 3.55 gears in the rear axle. And a 2wheel drive AW4 auto trans thats on its last leg. Once I get the 4x4 tranny and t case in and get the 9" with 4.56 gears in she will be ripping!

Toymerica

Progress will be slow until I get my tax return. I did get the rear fenders cut, folded and plasti dipped to protect them from the weather.

Toymerica

Still have some more ride height tuning to do while the ORIs break in, so don't mind the slight positive camber, but she's a wide girl.

Deluxxx

Seen ya on keystone last night, I did my best to give your passenger the creepiest stranger stare I could pull off. Truck looks cool

locrwln

Are the bent tie rods for frame clearance on compression? Do they need that much bend? I like it, just curious as from even a desert bashing standpoint it seems as if those are at risk.

Jack

Toymerica

Are the bent tie rods for frame clearance on compression? Do they need that much bend? I like it, just curious as from even a desert bashing standpoint it seems as if those are at risk.

Jack
Yeah, they are bent for clearance at full bump. Drivers has to clear the pitman arm and passengers has to clear the swingset. It's all 1.5" .250 wall Dom so it should be plenty stout. Pretty common practice on these TTBs.

locrwln

Yeah, they are bent for clearance at full bump. Drivers has to clear the pitman arm and passengers has to clear the swingset. It's all 1.5" .250 wall Dom so it should be plenty stout. Pretty common practice on these TTBs.
Gotcha. Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Jack

Toymerica

Was cleaning some stuff up and came across a few of the many CAD(cardboard aided design) artifacts I had from the beam work.

On a side note if someone needs a template for front Frame stiffeners I have one. All you gotta do is trace it, plasma it and weld it.

Toymerica

Picked up some F.O.A 2.5" series dual bypasses. 18" travel. Valved heavy for compression and light for rebound. Adjustable rebound valving, as well as dual adjustable compression valving. Should pair well with the Deaver springs in the rear.

RARECJ8

Premium Member
LOL i pull you out of the icy peavine ditch and you get rig of the month- pic taken same day. get the front to work yet?

Toymerica

LOL i pull you out of the icy peavine ditch and you get rig of the month- pic taken same day. get the front to work yet?
Hahaha funny the way that worked out.

I'll be getting the 4x4 trans, transfer case and rear end done this fall so she if all goes well she should be 4x4 and fully operational this winter

Toymerica

Finally getting work done on the back half of the Comanche. Life happens so there was a 2 year gap between the front and rear. But stay tuned

In her temporary home, tore out the factory Dana 44, gas tank and 2 wheel drive aw4 transmission