Vegas To Reno

Samco Fab

If anyone gets a chance, VtoR starts on Fri. morning and will be finishing in Dayton. The Motorcycles will start to finish in the afternoon, the unlimited cars and trucks late afternoon and we will hopefully finish just after dark.

Go to the Best in the Desert website, and you can find a map of the racecourse to go find a spot and spectate. After the race, most of the racecars will be at the Hilton on saturday. Check it out if you get a chance:D

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Denis said:
is the H3 racing this event? it shows Rod HAll in 3100 class. isn't that a mini-SUV class? H3 is a mini-SUV, haha!

Yes Rod will be racing his new GM built H3 for this event. It is their first time out with this rig but hopefully Team Hummer can show Scott Douglas and his Explorer what's up!

Samco Fab

Our team had an eventful day. The H1 got 2nd in class, the Samco preped H2 picked up our 7th BITD win in a row, and the Rod Hall driven H3 narrowly missed victory in its class, and got a second place finish. The H3 did very good for its 1st race, and will be very competitive and Rod did pretty well driving the entire race himself, not bad for almost 70 years old.

The H2 overheated and lost a front shock at the halfway point, we got the shock to 415 degrees. So we refilled the resivor at each pit untill we got the parts to rebuild it at about mile 300. We lost about 1.5 to 2 hours, but pushed hard after that, caught up to the leader, and as soon as we caught them, they broke. Good racing for a while there, that was fun (I was riding shotgun the last 350 miles)

I will post some pictures when I find some, and post the team press release when I get that.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
NICE! :thumbsup: Who drove the H2 now that Rod is driving the H3?

I cannot believe that Rod finished 2nd in a brand new vehicle, that is impressive. With a little more prep and seat time I'm sure he'll be doing even better. Who came in 1st in stock mini? Douglas?

I hope that you are not too beat up, my father is dropping off the Land Cruiser at your shop tomorrow morning. :D

Samco Fab

Josh Hall is driving the H2, and has been for the last 2 years. The last time Rod raced was last year at the Baja 1000. Rod drove the H2 the first 300 miles, then Josh drove the rest. Rod is pretty excited to have his own race car again. GM did a pretty good job of building it into a race car. All tig welded cage, Big Fox shocks, very clean. I hope I prep it next year, but thats up in the air still.
I didnt see Scott Douglas, he must have had problems early. Mike Falkosky won the class in all things, a Ford Escape:no: That probably got Falkosky $10,000 from Ford. Ford pays well if you win in a late model production Ford vehicle.