Verizon sucks, who do you use?

WILLD420

Verizon has recently killed our data service in Washoe Valley. I managed to talk with a tech who said it was a known issue and he would put me into the big group of people who have lost all data use in most of the valley. I got a nice email the following morning from the tech-support team. They basically told me I should use Wi-Fi when I cannot connect to data and to have a nice day...

Well, I've had enough of paying them for a service that keeps getting smaller every year and with less coverage at my home, to the point I cannot even make a phone call without a Wi-Fi hookup now.

Who do you use and what do you like about their coverage? I've been eyeing some of the pay-as-you-go companies since several of them use multiple carrier's lines. Any you hated? Any you liked?

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Used to have T-mobile, now on Verizon, they have better coverage and in a few places they have coverage where T-mobile didn't at all.

RARECJ8

We travel all over Nevada and Verizon offers the best coverage area. That’s why. For gone internet use charter cable.

ScoobyMike

You could try AT&T, their coverage is better in some areas. At home you could use a cell booster with a directional antenna. These work well although you have to be within 30 feet of the inside antenna. The omnidirectional boosters don't work well at all.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

DJRENO

The only place AT&T is better is in the cities. Verizon seems to have much better coverage outside of town

ScoobyMike

The only place AT&T is better is in the cities. Verizon seems to have much better coverage outside of town
Sort of true, but not really. AT&T upped their game. I had AT&T and was very happy with coverage in NV remote areas. There were some areas that were actually better than V. I switched to V because AT&T has no coverage in Northern Maine.

DJRENO

Sort of true, but not really. AT&T upped their game. I had AT&T and was very happy with coverage in NV remote areas. There were some areas that were actually better than V. I switched to V because AT&T has no coverage in Northern Maine.
You might be right, but that hasn't been my experience. I drive to Redding often and with AT&T I have no service from Susanville to Shingletown.

maxamillion2345

My new iphone 12 was completely and literally unusable, verizon was absolutely useless - started sending emails to every executive I could find until I was contacted by their “executive level” customer service and IT guys. Maybe you could try that. They fucking suck but so do the others and usually worse. I had att and verizon simultaneously for a while...

maxamillion2345

Also, Verizon executive IT guys offered to send me out a uhhhhh I guess almost like a booster sort of device for my house, at their cost. That might be an option for you.