VORRA race March 21st

Tfab

Reno4x4 Vendor
Trent Fab will be racing at the Prairie City course this weekend.We will leave early Saturday morning to practice and qualify and we will race on SUNDAY.Please come out and support the local RENO4X4 team if you can.Prairie city is in/near Sacramento,so not that far away.This race is a short course desert race so we will be going FAST! Hopefully we will see some of you.

Address
13300 White Rock Road
Rancho Cordova CA

http://www.vorra.net/

trupster415

THERE WAS SOME REALLY GOOD RACING TODAY. AND THE TFAB TEAM DID REALLY GOOD EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD A LITTLE TRANNY PROBLEM THAT THEY FIXED REALLY QUICK. GOOD JOB TFAB

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I saw the 4Runner Chris but I don't know what you look like. Probably walked right past you.

I had a great time though too!

GO4X4IT

Yea, its got a Cummins
Staff member
I have some pics from this weekend.
I'll post more soon

Woooooooo Hoooooooo!

Well racing season has begun. The 2010 VORRA short track race at Prairie City was the Trent Fab 151 buggys first full competition. The weather could not have been more perfect; mid 70s and clear skies. The perfect combination for race day. Chris Ridgway did not disappoint with his skillful driving and quick adaptation to the layout of the track. We did hit a few snags along the way, but nothing too major.
The atmosphere in the pits is something to be seen. Some might think that its a "you're on your own" and "you better sleep with one eye open" deal. That is far from it. Its more like a big family. Sure when you're out on the track, its each man his own but off the track, they will come over just to hang out, share stories, ideas, tools etc. It's a real sight.

As for the racing, it went very well. There was some carnage, but nothing in the form of a pile up or rollovers. Well. I take that back.. I'm pretty sure Herbie (the love bug) made an appearance. On Saturday, entering one of the final corners, the VDub rolled over. (Ill post a pic soon) Its okay. Wes from Fibercraft ran out there with is ATV and pulled him back over and off he went.
I left a little early, so I didnt get to hear our standings, so we will get those to you as soon as we can!

Thanks for all the support
-Josh & the Trent Fabrication Crew.

trupster415

I saw the 4Runner Chris but I don't know what you look like. Probably walked right past you.

I had a great time though too!
lol i have no idea what you look like ether. but now that i think about it were you talking to lisa by the fence between the last corner and the finnish line? i was stand close to her when she was talking to a guy with a pretty big camra of some sort on the inside of the fence.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
lol i have no idea what you look like ether. but now that i think about it were you talking to lisa by the fence between the last corner and the finnish line? i was stand close to her when she was talking to a guy with a pretty big camra of some sort on the inside of the fence.
Dorky looking guy with an orange vest on? Yeah, that was me.

jake povey? (baja or bust)
if so, what happened?
Yeah, it was Povey. First race of the day and he got mixed up in traffic at the land rush start. Truck went over hard three times, but fortunately Jake and Alex were OK. They thrashed in the pits with the help of all of their crew to get the truck read for the second race, and were doing really well... until the driver side door flew open! Jake was holding the door shut with his left hand and steering with his right hand while Alex shifted! After that bad luck, they came out in the third heat and passed the TrophyLite clean on lap three or so. This put Jake in second behind Joel Swanson. Jake then managed to sneak inside of Swanson on the last lap of the race to take the checkered flag! The crowd was going absolutely nuts, it was definitely the highlight of the day and a great way to end a weekend of racing.