• DISCLAIMER: RENO4x4 is in no way responsible for any firearms transactions made on and/or through this site. All transactions must be in accordance with all local, state and federal laws. By use of the site, buyer and seller specifically agree to hold RENO4x4 completely harmless for any damages from misuse, illegal transactions, etc.

Wanted - .357 or .44 lever gun

ManNamedJed

I'd like to add a .357 or .44 lever gun to the collection. LMK if you've got one you'd consider selling.

Thanks.

What do you want to do with it? From a Cowboy Action perspective....A 1873 will always be faster but really want one cartridge length to be reliable. A 1892 will be stronger and digest more loadings but will be slower. Then a 1894 will be a bit stronger again but have the same clunkyness of a 1892. The new Henry is not in the same category and is priced accordingly. I would get a .357 Rossi before I would get a Henry.

ManNamedJed

I camp at some family property in CA. I want a CA legal firearm that would be suitable for bear defense.

Thanks for the replies. I replied to a few PMs. Thanks for the tip on Juggernaut, I wouldn't have thought that would be the type of thing they'd have.

ManNamedJed

Found a decent .357 lever at Willey Bros. Thanks for the tips. Still looking for a Ruger Mini14 in either 7.62x39 or .300blk.

Thedirtman

There is a new ban on Russian ammo so 7.62x39 is going to be tougher to get and prices are $$$$ so the benifet of that cheap ammo is not longer a thing.

ManNamedJed

Not wanting for the cheap ammo, but want the larger bullet. There are a lot of bears where we camp and I would feel better with something more substantial than .223. Plus I am well stocked with 7.62x39.