Welding tables

carbonunit

Thread revival... I built a table over the last couple of weeks and thought I would share. I am looking forward to using this vs. my original HF table or the floor.

The runners are 2" x 2" x .120. The legs are 2.5" x 2.5" x .250. I used 1"x 1" for the clamp hangers and the shelf support. The overall size is 4' x 4' and 3' tall.
table-raw.jpg

I put it on 5" 1000# casters for rolling around. the wheels have locks so it will stay in place pretty well. I added 2 3' extensions to hold longer work. Also clamp storage and a place for the mig gun on each corner.
table-painted1.jpg

I added a 110 outlet on each side with a 15' extension cord. I did not add an outlet for the welder but put in a hook to hold the extension cord.
table-electrical.jpg

The shelf is big enough for the saw and etc. The extension is adjustable in length and height. the top is 4' x 4' with a 3 1/2" overhang all the way around.
table-top.jpg

I cut the top off a Husky tool box to use for storage. Only enough space to hang one grinder on the side so that is a design flaw. C-clamps are on the other side of the tool box.
table-close.jpg

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
So Dennis you ever finish the table?
I sold that one and bough a WeldTables FabBlock a few years back, I've been using the heck out of it and only wish I bought a bigger one, since the new shop has way more space, but I have plans to enlarge the table top surface.

DirtyChemist

I sold that one and bough a WeldTables FabBlock a few years back, I've been using the heck out of it and only wish I bought a bigger one, since the new shop has way more space, but I have plans to enlarge the table top surface.

Is this the one you want to sell now? Kind of wish I had the space for it because it's a nice looking table.

Those Fab tables are sweet, expensive but I use mine all the time and would not like to do without. I have a different brand that is a bit bigger and would like to have another small one the same height that I could use when doing chassis and longer items.