Welding woes

Fish Sticks

Man I should not overhead weld, I suck. I have a mig 110v and I'm not to good at vertical and overhead welds. I just finished boogering the currie skids to the lower control arm mounts, not pretty, but hey at least I only burned one hole in my arm. When I raised my rear shock mounts I almost had a booger go straight in my ear, luckily it only burned the lobe (sp?). And the small garage fire was easily contained. Any advice/tips welcome.
Next project will be an easy one; teralow 4to1 (231), new chain, tranny mount, Novak shifter for the 231, and the killer T&T HD crossmember. I finally have all the parts and need to have it together before Bronco Canyon.
Let me know what you think

Scrub

LOL well it sounds like you had fun at least and you got the job done....

Sounds like you got a pretty good setup, how much did you pay for the shifter for the 231? mine is crap and im looking for something to replace it...

-Matt-

Fish Sticks

The Novak shifter is about $120. The neat thing about it (if you dont already know) is that it does away with that flimsy jeep linkage. It also reverses your shift pattern and the shifter height is adjustable.

Fish Sticks

I was running my wire speed at 7 out of 10. I'll try 8 next time, thanks for the info. I just don't practice enough on overhead/vertical.