went to pickandpull and found a dana 60 trak-loc

scottb

so i found a truck at pick and pull, anyhow said Detroit locker on it (sticker), both hubs turned the same direction as well as the drive shaft turning. figured i'd take it apart (my chevy has a dana 60 in it), so i pulled the axles, pulled off the diff cover- and WTF poser!!! looks like an open diff... but with only one axle in it, it still turns the ring gear hmmmm.... so i pull it out and it has clutch disks in it! so i was like maybe detroit made a posi or LSD....? anyhow took it home for 60 bucks (the frickin window person said it wasnt a mechanical part and my 25% off coupon wasnt good! she called it a suspension part!!!!), had 3.83's in it i think (although the ring gear says 46 13- i counted 12 pinion teeth- i have a 3.54 in my truck now). so i googled lockers and found a website that called it a Dana trac-lok... dunno if that's what it is but it is better than an open diff! i feel so screwed by P&P though... gah. anyone got some 4.10 ring and pinion they want to sell cheap?

4X4BABE

scottb said:
so i found a truck at pick and pull, anyhow said Detroit locker on it (sticker), both hubs turned the same direction as well as the drive shaft turning. figured i'd take it apart (my chevy has a dana 60 in it), so i pulled the axles, pulled off the diff cover- and WTF poser!!! looks like an open diff... but with only one axle in it, it still turns the ring gear hmmmm.... so i pull it out and it has clutch disks in it! so i was like maybe detroit made a posi or LSD....? anyhow took it home for 60 bucks (the frickin window person said it wasnt a mechanical part and my 25% off coupon wasnt good! she called it a suspension part!!!!), had 3.83's in it i think (although the ring gear says 46 13- i counted 12 pinion teeth- i have a 3.54 in my truck now). so i googled lockers and found a website that called it a Dana trac-lok... dunno if that's what it is but it is better than an open diff! i feel so screwed by P&P though... gah. anyone got some 4.10 ring and pinion they want to sell cheap?
yeah most of those nail filin, gum chewin, blonde bimbos at P&P that sit there pickin their a$$es dont know what the hell theyre talkin about...i know a lot of people that get screwed all the time there

xjmoser

4x4babe said:
i know a lot of people that get screwed all the time there

I missed that section...:squint:

Its still better than going to anyother wrecking yard in town. Talk about gettin "shafted";)

NevadaXJ

I normally just send my wife up to the counter with the parts I need. She has no idea what she is holding, and the cashier guy will normally either cut her a great deal, or give it to her free....

kairo

Staff member
NevadaXJ said:
I normally just send my wife up to the counter with the parts I need. She has no idea what she is holding, and the cashier guy will normally either cut her a great deal, or give it to her free....

You know you're a redneck when pick n pull doesnt scam you......rather you scam pick n pull:yes:

NevadaXJ

kairo said:
You know you're a redneck when pick n pull doesnt scam you......rather you scam pick n pull:yes:

redneck???

I don't hunt, fish, watch sports, and I drive a German car. What definition of "redneck" are you looking at?

kairo

Staff member
NevadaXJ said:
redneck???

I don't hunt, fish, watch sports, and I drive a German car. What definition of "redneck" are you looking at?

WELL FINE then party pooper!!

xjmoser

NevadaXJ said:
redneck???

Come on John! You know thats just a cover up.:lolrun:

Fish Sticks

NevadaXJ said:
redneck???

I hunt, fish, watch sports, and drive a German car. Yeah I'm a redneck. You might be a redneck John.

scottb

i dont hunt, i dont like nascar, and i rarely fish yet i am a strong redneck- just look at some of the repairs my cars have suffered when there was nothing else available- a redneck is just a time when you suffer from a complete lack of sophistication- there are full time and part time rednecks...

scottb

just quotin jeff foxworthy (very roughly)... basically anyone can be a redneck- it's when you just throw the sophistication out the window in favor of something simple that works even if it aint pretty.

everytime i listen to foxworthy i realize that i am definatly a redneck...

Norm the Big

It's just a name one of my old Army buddies gave me and it stuck in my head so it works for me. I'm not one for lables. Yeah I like to piece stuff together and work on it. I don't hunt or fish. I have nothing against it and may even go out and try it again. And I'm not too judgemental of any one race. I believe theirs idiots in all of them. I do fit Jeff foxworthies definition to a T though.