Were to buy wire?

Scrub

I'm looking for somewhere to buy bulk wire by the foot...... I Need Wire to make new battery cable and some 4awg wire to replace my alternator wire.....but i cant seem to find anywhere around town that sells wire for a decent price......

anyone know where i can buy some?

rusty_tlc

I'm pretty sure you can get 4AWG at HomeBoys or Lows. The price of wire pretty much follows the copper market. Anymore the home stores have about as good of pricing as the contractors supply joints.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Really? I thought that the home places didn't carry fine strand copper wire. Whenever I have looked all I see is that fat single strand stuff.

rusty_tlc

Dirty Harry said:
Really? I thought that the home places didn't carry fine strand copper wire. Whenever I have looked all I see is that fat single strand stuff.
It's pretty hard to work with 4 AWG solid. You may get a higher strand count (more flexable wire) at welding shops and stero places. You pay more for more strands and for a battery or alternator cable it probably isn't worth it. I'll check it out this weekend, I never miss a weekend trip to Homeboys.

Scrub

Looks like i'll probably hit up summit on the way home from work tomorrow.....time to check the website :yes:

Sauce

i have about 10 extra feet from the summit kit I could sell you for cheap. I also have some terminals if you are interested. Give me a call and we can work something out. 223-9464