What da TOE?

rusty_tlc

rustys stupid tech question of the day.

So I'm about ready to finish off the All Pro High Stear install, if I ever get the right arms and a taper reamer for my pitman arm. Any way how do I set the toe on my rig? I was going to measure between the rotars (oh yeah, I got disk now, yeah baby) front and rear until they were equal. I figure this will get it close enough to drive to an alignment shop. Will this work out?

kairo

Staff member
rusty_tlc said:
rustys stupid tech question of the day.

So I'm about ready to finish off the All Pro High Stear install, if I ever get the right arms and a taper reamer for my pitman arm. Any way how do I set the toe on my rig? I was going to measure between the rotars (oh yeah, I got disk now, yeah baby) front and rear until they were equal. I figure this will get it close enough to drive to an alignment shop. Will this work out?
yah. I've done that before when mine were way out of whack. I wouldent freeway it, but it'll get you to a shop

Sauce

JOE THE TOE said:
TOE IT IN AN 1/8" AND YOU'LL BE GOOD!:yes: :D
thats da ticket. It is kind of hard to measure on the rotors becase the diff and pinion get in the way. I usually measure on the edge of the rim. I was going to take it to the alignment shop, but I say screw it, I have busted 3 tierods and done this every time and my tires are wearing fine :p

kairo

Staff member
FYI: firestone does a lifetime allignment plan for like $50. might be something to consider

rusty_tlc

JOE THE TOE said:
An 1/8" will provide just enough pressure on the tires to eliminate any wondering or death-wobble.:D
I kinda knew I needed some toe in but how do you come up with 1/8"? Just trying to decypher the magic behind this stuff.

JOE THE TOE

Just from trial & error....1/16" never seemed like enough and 1/4" seemed to be too much,in the end this is just a temporary fix to get it to the alignment shop unless it's strictly a trail rig!:D

rusty_tlc

JOE THE TOE said:
Just from trial & error....1/16" never seemed like enough and 1/4" seemed to be too much,in the end this is just a temporary fix to get it to the alignment shop unless it's strictly a trail rig!:D
This is just to get to the alignment shop. Someday it might be strictly a trail rig, not yet.