what else on Reno4x4.com?

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
chat-room

there's one on IRC. Nick will have to repost the info how to connect, etc.

PizzaJeep

a chat room would be cool... except then id spend EVEN MORE of my day on reno4x4.com.. and its a long time as it is....

i like looking at members and what they drive because it gives me ideas and direction on where i want to go personally, and i think im not the only one like that.. I would like to promote the members rigs section and the personal sites.. make them easier to access possibly.. but mostly i would like to see more people put up a description of themselves, their rigs and a few pics.. thats what i like looking at the most

DBXJ

how bout a product review like what part bought was used and how it performed, and how bout postive and negative buisness experiances with buisness both local and international ,and how bout instalation write ups to

MR.ROCKAPE

How about an tech articles section?Where members build and display projects they are doing from beginning to end.With more or any pics.I know I have gotten alot of ideas from Another (very large) site(cough-->Pirate--cough)I know that everybody wants to see this site grow.More members+more pics of projects=Larger amount of members with contributions.Just my .02cents :confused: I have some projects in mind for this section.(tube fenders,tube doors,front link suspension)

Connect

I agreee with rockape, a tech gallery with articles on the part they bought, how they installed it, problems they had, how they fixed it, finished product.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Connect said:
I agreee with rockape, a tech gallery with articles on the part they bought, how they installed it, problems they had, how they fixed it, finished product.

can't you just start a post with all the info? and i can create a sticky thread on top with links to all these individual threads.

dye_dan

What about info on local trails? Maybe a club-defined rating of the trails, directions to the trails, gps coordinates of trailheads and features or obstacles, approx time required for the trail, pics of trail obstacles, trail maps, etc...

rusty_tlc

Photogalleries are always nice, so I'd vote for that.
The tech write up section might be better as pages since it really isn't a discussion. It would also be easier to submit a finished product than type everything into the forum.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
rusty_tlc said:
The tech write up section might be better as pages since it really isn't a discussion. It would also be easier to submit a finished product than type everything into the forum.

OK, start writing then.... PM me when you've got something to post and I will put it into HTML format and upload it.

rusty_tlc

Denis said:
OK, start writing then.... PM me when you've got something to post and I will put it into HTML format and upload it.
:D
I haven't seen a lot of pictures of FJ40's, think anybody would be interested
in why this
Dscn0735.jpg

is laying on my garage floor? :D

Id like to see a (how-to) page. were poeple can bring there own knowledge and creations here and explain in great detail with pictures such as
rollcages, homemade beadlocks, snorkels, axel swaps, engine swaps, fender trimming. stuff like that.
I think something like this was allready mentioned but this is just my opinion

xjmoser

christopher corpus said:
Id like to see a (how-to) page. were poeple can bring there own knowledge and creations here and explain in great detail with pictures such as
rollcages, homemade beadlocks, snorkels, axel swaps, engine swaps, fender trimming. stuff like that.
I think something like this was allready mentioned but this is just my opinion

Ive seen this mention before on the old forum and now a couple times but I havnt seen anyone post anything yet that could be moved to a "how to" page

If you post it it will come

xjmoser said:
Ive seen this mention before on the old forum and now a couple times but I havnt seen anyone post anything yet that could be moved to a "how to" page

If you post it it will come

yeah but IF we had a how to page people would be more inclined to share some of their knowledge with others and also should be reminded that this is a "how to" page and you should be typing with the thought that you are teaching others to do as you have done (start to finish) not just giving ideas and a brief overview.