What is the longest you have stayed up?

Sauce

Active member
I am going for a personal record today...28 hours so far without sleep...anybody done better?
 

rusty_tlc

New member
Sauce said:
I am going for a personal record today...28 hours so far without sleep...anybody done better?
I stayed awake for over 72 hours a few times, but that was in the seventies. :rolleyes:
 

Sauce

Active member
alright, new rule, you have to post up what you were doing, nick, I am thoroughly impressed...
 

kairo

Moderator
Staff member
it was a couple summers ago, and my friend and I were trying to stay up for 4 days and nights. Mostly we just watched movies and played video games
 

Norm the Big

Active member
72 Hours. I went for a 12 mile hike (forced march), Dug Fox holes, placed concertina wire, and layed mines. Then we did patrols. Filled in our fox holes, collected the concertina wire and mines, placed them on trucks (on which we finally got to ride in too, and catch a few hours of sleep before we continued the insanity. Anyone wanna play Army? :disagree: lol.
 

rusty_tlc

New member
BigNorm said:
72 Hours. I went for a 12 mile hike (forced march), Dug Fox holes, placed concertina wire, and layed mines. Then we did patrols. Filled in our fox holes, collected the concertina wire and mines, placed them on trucks (on which we finally got to ride in too, and catch a few hours of sleep before we continued the insanity. Anyone wanna play Army? :disagree: lol.
Beats the hell out of doing LA mini whites, drinking beer and playing pool. :disagree:
I grew up in Las Vegas, what can I say. :D Fun Times. Not that I recomend it. :rolleyes:
 

willyj

New member
BigNorm said:
72 Hours. I went for a 12 mile hike (forced march), Dug Fox holes, placed concertina wire, and layed mines. Then we did patrols. Filled in our fox holes, collected the concertina wire and mines, placed them on trucks (on which we finally got to ride in too, and catch a few hours of sleep before we continued the insanity. Anyone wanna play Army? :disagree: lol.


same here.
stuck in a defense waiting to commence an ambush on opfor. then after that went off we went on the offense to go get the "survivors"

what MOS were you?
 

Norm the Big

Active member
11B1P Airborne infantry HUA!!!

I was assigned to the 1/509th airborne infantry OPFOR in Ft. Polk, LA

In the National guard I was with the mortors 1/221 assigned to 11th ACR, Ft. Irwin CA..... OPFOR! I spent 8 years playing Lazer Tag. lol. Not that I had any choice in the matter. I joined to kill rag heads in the first gulf war. Got out of the guard right before the second one started. I guess God has other purposes for me. :D

Wouldn't it be funny if we were both kept up during the same JRTC rotation? lol
 

Sasquatch

Well-known member
Premium Member
My best is around 30 Hours. I woke up at 6AM and then with some friends drove from Reno To Colorado Springs, Colorado. We left here at 3PM and got there at 9 AM. THEN we went out and looked around and did stuff before going to bed that night.
 

willyj

New member
BigNorm said:
11B1P Airborne infantry HUA!!!

I was assigned to the 1/509th airborne infantry OPFOR in Ft. Polk, LA

In the National guard I was with the mortors 1/221 assigned to 11th ACR, Ft. Irwin CA..... OPFOR! I spent 8 years playing Lazer Tag. lol. Not that I had any choice in the matter. I joined to kill rag heads in the first gulf war. Got out of the guard right before the second one started. I guess God has other purposes for me. :D

Wouldn't it be funny if we were both kept up during the same JRTC rotation? lol

would be but i was never at JRTC

i was an 11M at Ft Stewart, Korea and Ft Lewis. i came in in 96 and left in 01. still in the guard here in carson city.


sooo.... 1-221 huh? blackhorse! thats a Cav unit too? must have been in the det out of fallon?
 

Norm the Big

Active member
sooo.... 1-221 huh? blackhorse! thats a Cav unit too? must have been in the det out of fallon?

Yep. In Fallon. There's scouts out there too.

It was armor when I started and it switched to Cav half way through. I think it switched because a real Cav unit has Artillary attached to it. 1/221 only has heavy (120mm) mortars.

I see you wheel a Dodge. What's the specs? We should get out there some time. It's nice to be able to talk Army to someone who's been there too.
 

raptor

New member
BigNorm said:
72 Hours. I went for a 12 mile hike (forced march), Dug Fox holes, placed concertina wire, and layed mines. Then we did patrols. Filled in our fox holes, collected the concertina wire and mines, placed them on trucks (on which we finally got to ride in too, and catch a few hours of sleep before we continued the insanity. Anyone wanna play Army? :disagree: lol.


Sounds like Victory Forge at Basic. 7 days of that, lucky to get 2 hrs of sleep, between defending the gate(fun playing with the SAW), artillery "attacks," and gas attacks. CS gas sucks the big one.

I'm in the 126th Medevac unit out of Stead.
 
Top