What is your next XJ upgrade?

EricsXJ

Well XJ guys, thankfully I have a few more weeks to get some more content and photos for the book. I'll be adding a chapter on the XJ body, so stuff like fender trimming, flares, unibody stiffening, interior mods, etc is some of what I'll be writing about. Anyone know anybody local with a sunroof or cage in their XJ?

Let me know about any modifications (body or otherwise) any of you will be doing in the next few weeks and if I can take a few pictures that would be great!

Most of you guys that have gone out wheeling, have made it in the book and it will turn out very nice I think, thanks to you!

The book will be out sometime next Spring!

Scrub

Well i Just Trimmed my Front Fenders, and I Will Be Trimming my rears here soon. Also adding HoodVents.

-Matt-

DBXJ

well if i can i'll be doing the unibody stiffening from tnt customs also one of there hd cross member and tryin to get a interior cage togather

EricsXJ

Scrub - what hood vents are you going to use? I might be interested in getting an action pic of someone hacking into their hood!

BigNorm - donate it for the cause? Maybe we could get together and chop the back, add a cage, etc all in a week or less like Orange County Choppers? :D

DB - if you get the T&T Customs stiffeners, I definitely want in on the install. That is perfect! I was thinking about those particular stiffeners but they won't fit on my XJ. Keep me informed! Its gotta be done in the next 2 or 3 weeks though...

Scrub

Eric, im not sure i really want to do the labarron vents but i can't seem to find any for a cheap price right now. so i might go to the yard and see what other cars i can find with hood vents that might work.

DBXJ

EricsXJ [B said:
DB[/B] - if you get the T&T Customs stiffeners, I definitely want in on the install. That is perfect! I was thinking about those particular stiffeners but they won't fit on my XJ. Keep me informed! Its gotta be done in the next 2 or 3 weeks though...

hows this weekend sound i should have enough left over from my radiator swap

Sauce

eric, come take pictures of my junk, comeon, you need some pics of a leafspring front MJ just for the WTF is that factor. I will be going to moonrocks sat...LMK

EricsXJ

Sauce said:
eric, come take pictures of my junk, comeon, you need some pics of a leafspring front MJ just for the WTF is that factor. I will be going to moonrocks sat...LMK
I haven't written you off just yet Sauce! I might be hittin you up for pictures too but probably not this Saturday. Have fun at MoonRocks!

Connect

When I get some rims and tires (hopefully here in the next week) you can take the "after" lift photo if you want. Thats about it minus taking off that front little trim underneath.

xjmoser

Denis said:
my last XJ upgrade was a TJ. :woot2: :lolrun: :avid: :tribe:

You must really be in the dog house :rolleyes:

I ordered some RE coils and leaf packs should be here next week. :yup:

FYI The old leaf packs (Rancho 3") will be for sale also some RK 6.5 coils.

Last edited:

EricsXJ

Kairo - If you get a whole AX15 I'll be interested in taking a pic before it goes in.

Connect - I will be interested in taking some photos of different wheel and tire combinations and showing how far they stick out from the Jeep. If you get them before the next Pizza Night, that would be a good place to get the pictures.

xjmoser - One thing I have not been able to get a pic of yet is a full leaf pack before its installed. Glad to hear you are getting one! Please let me know when I can stop by before you install them!

Thanks a bunch everyone. Also by the way, the editor really likes the pictures I've sent, especially the wheeling pics. The front cover will be one we took at Moonrocks and he wants to use one, or more, from the Rubicon Trip for the back cover, not to mention there will be a whole trip report with photos from the 'Con as a special section of the book!

izzy

i just bought a rear 9 inch and detroit locker, and 31 spline chromoly shafts, im just waiting on the gears. shaffers offroad is helping me build a rear 3 link since i could do it my self.

Fish Sticks

If I can make Pizza night I should be done with the front tube fenders. I also have a new High Angle Driveline (CV) for a trail spare if you want a picture of one before it gets beat up.

EricsXJ

cutthroat said:
If I can make Pizza night I should be done with the front tube fenders. I also have a new High Angle Driveline (CV) for a trail spare if you want a picture of one before it gets beat up.

Ooooh yeah... tube fenders! That'll make for some good pics. I'll take some of the shaft if you bring it also! Thanks.