what kind of tent do you have

COYOTA

or a 10x12 wall tent with a wood stove for winter elk hunts
l_d267580672fb39490e8b7e877f986f97.jpg

rusty_tlc

Here is our tent.
DSCN1032.jpg

I use a Sierra Designs Sirius 2 when I go by myself I like it because it's like sleeping outside but I'm still protected from mosquitoes.

70_1_1_sd.jpg

Inc

Staff member
We are in the market for a new family tent. I have 2 small tents, a 2 man Eureka and a 1 man Sierra Designs, but I just sold our 3 room Coleman cause I hated the way it was designed. I'd like a nice one room, large 6-8 person tent that has a small area for storage space, and won't break the bank.

My wife ended up getting me a Wally World 6 man tent and it actually appears to be really nice. Real easy to put up and a lot of room and it even has the gear storage space I wanted. For hiking my Sierra Designs Light Year solo tent has been perfect, and for 2 person light weight my Eureka Spitfire 2 has also been great. Both have been put to the test in the backcountry and my only complaint with either is that they need to be staked to stand freely. I kind of wish they were stand alone tents.

Styx

Summer camping season is almost here so yes I'm reviving this old thread. Sue me. :avid:

I want one of these: anyone have $4000 to give me for it?

0.lg.jpg

I'lll post a pic of my current one in a couple of weeks when I set up up for water proofing and repair.

rusty_tlc

Summer camping season is almost here so yes I'm reviving this old thread. Sue me. :avid:

I want one of these: anyone have $4000 to give me for it?

0.lg.jpg

I'lll post a pic of my current one in a couple of weeks when I set up up for water proofing and repair.
How many poles does that thing have?
Have fun getting it up with dark approaching and a 30 MPH wind blowing, not that we ever get much wind in Nevada. :D

Styx

How many poles does that thing have?
Have fun getting it up with dark approaching and a 30 MPH wind blowing, not that we ever get much wind in Nevada. :D

:chuckle: it's a base camp tent from I think North Face. They use them on Mt. Everest etc. so once up I'm sure it'll stand up to the wind. Oh, and it has almost as many square footage as my first studio :D Way over kill, what's not to like!?

Requires six Sherpas for set up. (Sherpas not included)

I blame all gramatical errors on Apple and the iPhone.