What to do when wheeling in really bad weather?

BIG BLUE

Can I see "have fun?"......

Oh yippy its on the board....right after "panic" and "flap arms and scream like a girl"

to be honest I carry water, energy bars and fluids for the jeep and tools. But after years of wheeling I have learned either you can limp it home or you can't. Seems no matter how prepared I am my copilot Murphy always makes me brake something I don't have.

rusty_tlc

What about getting stranded, getting stuck so bad you (or you and a friend) can't get it recovered?
Are we talking buried to the frame in bottomless mud, solo, with no cell service, 10 miles from pavement, and another 70 miles after that to the nearest town, with the wife and no beer stuck?

Dsc_0155.jpg

Never been there.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

Can I see "have fun?"......

Oh yippy its on the board....right after "panic" and "flap arms and scream like a girl"

to be honest I carry water, energy bars and fluids for the jeep and tools. But after years of wheeling I have learned either you can limp it home or you can't. Seems no matter how prepared I am my copilot Murphy always makes me brake something I don't have.
I don't mind getting stuck to much, we are pretty well prepared for almost anything.
My wife on the other hand has no sense of humor.
She was really thrilled with the $400 towing bill from the above situation.

She was also thrilled when I broke the front diff about 5 minutes after this picture was taken, just climbing that little berm in the fore ground.
pic23.jpg

That was 30 or so miles from pavement, another 50 or so from there to Austin. But at least we weren't alone that time.

MotoMatt

Are we talking buried to the frame in bottomless mud, solo, with no cell service, 10 miles from pavement, and another 70 miles after that to the nearest town, with the wife and no beer stuck?

Dsc_0155.jpg

Never been there.:rolleyes:

well so much for proper planning :D

MotoMatt

I consider drinking and wheeling mutually exclusive activities. The beer was in camp.;)

so do i, but getting stuck happens. haha. when i got out of little sluice after i put the 4runner on its side on the con i cracked open a beer and handed the keys to daryl (nativexj)

XJBALLA

i dont drink one just 4 or 5! and of course thats the best part driving home and you dont even realize your home cause you forgot about the drive! haha

XJBALLA

no im just trying to give the guy some advice on some fun bad weather wheeling, the beer makes the sun come out on a rainy day!

XJBALLA

'Nuff said...I won't give you the satisfaction of bantering with you.

DAM! lol alright i like you bill! i was gonna wait to see how many people got upset about drunk driving but you actully didnt jump on my a$$ and cry about it so thanks, your a cool dude!

69cj5

Break out the brandy and make some hot chocolate, build a fire and turn on some football.

Oh, and close the windows so the rain or snow doesn't get inside.

rusty_tlc

DAM! lol alright i like you bill! i was gonna wait to see how many people got upset about drunk driving but you actully didnt jump on my a$$ and cry about it so thanks, your a cool dude!

Except you really overplayed it with this post. You have a lot to learn about trolling. :rolleyes:

i dont drink one just 4 or 5! and of course thats the best part driving home and you dont even realize your home cause you forgot about the drive! haha

rusty_tlc

Break out the brandy and make some hot chocolate, build a fire and turn on some football.

Oh, and close the windows so the rain or snow doesn't get inside.

I'd rather be in the mountains during a lightning storm than sitting on a couch in front of the tube.