wheels 17.5

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Anyone here switch their trailer wheels to 17.5's and run 215/75R17.5 tires? I'm probably going to swap my toyhauler over to them because I can get some with 4/32 or less for free at work and never have to worry about blow outs again since they're like 18ply commercial tires. Anyone have any wheels for sale in that size for an 8x6.5 bolt pattern? I believe that's what I need but haven't measured yet.

RelentlessTaco

Premium Member
Sounds like a good plan. So sick of blowing out trailer tires. I swear, every trip over a 100 miles with my flat bed I blow a tire. Dual spares on there is the only way I feel somewhat comfortable going distances with it, about to start looking into tougher tires for it

WILLD420

Premium Member
If you have access to the tires I'd do it. Otherwise, you can get 235/85/16 load range F tires pretty easy. If you are ruining trailer tires quit running them and switch to LT tires. I hate trailer tires. They are junk compared to an LT tire and they aren't any cheaper.

If you are one of those who tow over the weight rating of the tires and drive 80+ loaded you are never going to get tires to live if your alignment and weight bias aren't correct. Heat kills them quick. If they are scrubbing sideways down the road overweight and over speed evena load range G tire is going to pop.

Last edited:

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Definitely don't ever haul over the rating or high speeds. We specialize in hauling oversized loads so I know better. We always have plenty of those little 215's because we have a couple hundred of them on the ground every day. That's why I'm wanting to run them instead of the crappy tires they put on my toyhauler. I've never had a blowout my self but I don't trust those tires and see people always commenting about having them blow out. All of the Michelin 215/75R17.5 tires we have are J rated and good for like 4800 pounds so that's way more than the trailer would need per an axle so i'm sure it would pretty much eliminate blow outs that weren't caused from a low tire during a trip.
IMG_0095.jpg