Where do I go -Lifting My 93 Grand Cherokee

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
Ready to break open the piggy bank. Any input from you all would be appreciated. 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Want to go 3-4 inches, but without having to change transfercase, driveshaft, etc. Want sway bar disconnects as well.

Les Scwab estimate about 1100.00, Folbeck estimate 1400.00.
Would I just be better off buying a kit off the internet & shopping a place to install? Or do I try to install this myself? :eek:

Please give me some feeback guys........

kairo

Staff member
there's plenty of people here willing to lend a hand. Putting on a lift isn't very tough, just time consuming

blackwidow

putting a lift on yourself is not hard, a tad time consuming, but not hard. Just research and think about exactly what you are doing so you can basically do it with your eyes closed. It helps

Scrub

Damn $1100 For a Crap lift from les scwab......You can go and buy the RE 3.5" super ride lift for about $630+shipping and then have a few people help you install it. proll only have to pay them with beer or something.

-Matt-

Connect

xjmoser said:
Les schwab now thats funny.

buy from the internet and install it yourself.

Enough said, we will help you put it on, I jsut bought mine from ebay for $485, 4.5" lift, no driveline/transmission/gear change required.

well ebay didn't have squat that wasnt a spacer lift. Rubicon express is probably the best quality kit, but I'm sure there is cheaper (like my rough country) if you want to pinch pennies. Does this lift require replacing the shocks?

Skyjacker has a 3" kit, adn this comes with 4 shocks $685 http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/439003.html

Tough Country has this 3.5" kit without shocks for $479 http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/439003.html

Last edited:

Sauce

yup, install it yourself, or pay me to do it, I am a hoe for money :D. Not too hard to do it yourself, or if you want help, I drink no fear ;)

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
Help!!! With My 93 Grand Cherokee Lift!!!!

Ok the input is getting good. I feel like I should just buy a keg of beer, loads of pizza & chicken wings? :yup:

Does anyone know what max lift I can get without changing driveline/transfercase stuff like 3.5 or 4.5max? I am looking for something with daily driver ability, ability to be aligned, but yet hit the trail. Also need detachable sway bar.

Willing to pay anyone who would help.

Connect

Well you have a longer wheelbase as far as jeeps are concerned right? I'm guessing that your safe with 3.5, maybe a Tcase drop at 4.5. I'm no expert, there are a few people with lifted ZJ's around here, might have to ask them.

Quick disconnects are fairly cheap, (uner $50) or you can make your own for far far less.

Scrub

Ok Well How much money do you want to spend on the lift itself?

And the best place i can think of to find info about your grand would be to go and check out the forums at [link]http://www.nagca.com[/link] alot of good info.

Then Check out Ebay and Rustysoffroad.com and Rubiconexpress.com and find the one that would give you what you need for the least amount of money (the rubicon express 3.5 kit come with disco's)

-Matt-

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
check RedRock4x4.com for some of the best pricing on RE products, they carry the whole line, so you'll be able to decide what you want, then contact PizzaJeep on the forum, he has a hook-up for even better pricing.

i'd stick with 3.5"-4" lift and 31s for a daily driver.

Connect

I think everyone here is obsessed with RE It is a good lift but there are other options out there.

Does anyone know if he needs to upgrade his shocks with a 3.5" lift?

xjmoser

Connect said:
I think everyone here is obsessed with RE It is a good lift but there are other options out there.

There are other options out there but like most things you get what you pay for.

I say get some 3in coil spacers from kragen. :yup: Dont worry about the shocks you will have some good rock absorbtion :crazy:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Connect said:

Does anyone know if he needs to upgrade his shocks with a 3.5" lift?

cause they know their stuff.

yes, on the shocks.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
kairo said:
I would take a full traction kit over my RE I think
or a fabtech

for short arms - RE, for long arms - Full Traction, or Clayton if I felt like welding to the uniframe.