Where to get a storage shed for home?

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I am looking for a shed to put in my backyard to put all of my spare parts in. I don't mind doing some of the work myself (like painting and shingles), however my preference would be to have it fully assembled. The problem is that I am kind of limited on space, I need something 7' wide and 12' long, but most standard sheds are 8' wide. Does anyone have a suggestion on where or who to go to for a storage shed?

Thanks!

Harry

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I'm looking pretty much for the same thing, something skinny and long. But I want to put all my yard stuff there to free up space in the garage for my rig and parts. :D

Dirty Harry

Staff member
That is pretty much where I am Denis. I see all sorts of sheds in backyards out in Spanish Springs, I am not sure where everyone is getting them from (other than the obvious choices of Home Depot and Lowes). Right now I have the weed wacker and the lawn mower in my garage, along with plenty of spare parts. I can only park one vehicle in the garage now but I am hoping to get two in there after I get the shed.

Harry

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I am actually in Sparks, off of Vista near the Safeway. My parents live out in Bridle Path though and I am out there quite a bit.

rusty_tlc

I have used Hilltop a couple of times. Once for a compressor doghouse to fit an existing pad at work and once to build a shed to fit the unused dog kennel at home. They have standard designs but will build custom. A little pricey compared to the kits, but good quality and built to fit.
356-6411

Connect

There is a company in cali, tuff shed, they come out and its mostly pre-assembled. I'm sure there is something like that around here.

If you were really cheap you could build one yourself :)

rusty_tlc

Connect said:
There is a company in cali, tuff shed, they come out and its mostly pre-assembled. I'm sure there is something like that around here.

If you were really cheap you could build one yourself :)

Thats Hilltop, they prefab then finish on-site. They built the whole compressor shed at their shop and delivered it on a trailer. My garden shed came in sections since they couldn't get close with a trailer.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Well I don't have a ton of money but right now I have even less time, so the closer the product is to finished when I get it the better. I'll look into Tuff Sheds. There is a place out of Silver Springs (Lenox Barns) that will come out and assemble them, but they cost about $1800 all together. I'm hoping to find something for a grand or less if possible.

Connect

Yea I know tuffshed is expensive, but since it comes prefab'd bolt together you know, maybe they sell kits?

I'm going down there tommorrow I'll stop by if you want and see if they sell kits (probably won't install way out in reno)

Connect

I just stopped by the Tuff Shed place in Auburn, and they do not sell kits, but they have a huge assorment of nice sheds. They are opening a store in Reno on june 1st, maybe there will be a sale??? Anyways its on Mccarran 7 miles south from 80. He didn't have the address but I don't think you can miss it.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Thanks a lot! I will definitely check them out when they are up here, I am not in a huge hurry so another week will not hurt.

badzooks

i would be willing to custom build a couple of sheds for you guys as a side job
i used to frame houses and worked for a GC for a few years doing room additions and reconstructions,,,ill make it cheap, i need the money to build up my samurai, even more so that i rolled it last weekend,,lol