Where would you take a Wrangler for a new set of gears?

CMore

Stay away from Folbeck 4WD they really messed up my gearing and they want to charge me again to fix it... They know little about gearing selection and their work is not very good either...

WILLD420

Premium Member
All good shops. If they can't get you in, someone on here has Uncle Gerry's phone number.

It's not rocket science but the addition of lockers complicates things a lot, especially ARB's. Ask lots of questions before you sign up money. There are lots of guys here who have been burned by some of the local shops. If I remember right, there was even someone on here who had to threaten legal action to get there jeep back last year.

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
Just figured I would add that Aaron that used to manage Bayshore opened up his own shop called Axle Line and its on 995 Greg St, Sparks, NV 89431 (775) 870-9585

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I have used pretty much everyone listed here and had good results. That said, Samco just bought a laser and is focusing on production parts at the moment, Nate is booked with complete JK builds right now, and I don't think that Aaron at Axleline is doing any light duty work (at least not in the vehicle due to space constraints- if the axles are out of the vehicle he may do them). Uncle Gerry is great but can be tough to get ahold of sometimes.

The other person I have had set up my gears is Dan Aguilar at Sierra Valley Axle & Gear. He is up in Chilcoot so a little further away but it is a pretty drive and he has always done a great job at a fair price. Not sure how booked up he is but I can find out if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CashMoney

I piss excellence.
I have used pretty much everyone listed here and had good results. That said, Samco just bought a laser and is focusing on production parts at the moment, Nate is booked with complete JK builds right now, and I don't think that Aaron at Axleline is doing any light duty work (at least not in the vehicle due to space constraints- if the axles are out of the vehicle he may do them). Uncle Gerry is great but can be tough to get ahold of sometimes.

The other person I have had set up my gears is Dan Aguilar at Sierra Valley Axle & Gear. He is up in Chilcoot so a little further away but it is a pretty drive and he has always done a great job at a fair price. Not sure how booked up he is but I can find out if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot about Dan. He's a solid dude too

turbobrick

Dan is 110% worth the drive out there to Chilcoot. I live in Douglas county and drive out there for him to work on my gears, so no reason people shouldn't do the same from Reno, it's a quick drive.