Who is following the Dakar Rally?

Dirty Harry

Staff member
So yesterday the biggest off-road race on the planet started. It lasts 14 days and it has already been crazy. The guy that won last year lost his engine on day one, Robby Gordon was down four hours today, and another front runner yard saled his car today as well.

Anyone else following the race? Denis SHOULD be, the big Russian Kamaz trucks always do well and are a fan favorite.

turbobrick

I'm following, it has been wild so far. I'd really like to see Robby do well, but it always seems like he's fighting bugs.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
I feel that Robby Gordon is just spread too thin. The top competitors do this year 'round, while Robby races in Baja and runs his own short course series. I think that if he focused solely on Dakar he would have a lot better shot at winning.

Dirty Harry

Staff member
Here is a show that Robby did for NBC Sports about his Dakar program.

[YOUTUBE]YQWiIFVPBdU[/YOUTUBE]

jfrey123

I never follow it closely, mainly just not "in the know" for the racing scene in general. I get most of my updates from here and Pirate. But I do enjoy Dakar for the diversity of what they run.

turbobrick

I feel that Robby Gordon is just spread too thin. The top competitors do this year 'round, while Robby races in Baja and runs his own short course series. I think that if he focused solely on Dakar he would have a lot better shot at winning.
I totally agree. I think the Stadium Super Trucks are awesome, and like the series. But Robby needs to spend more time figuring out the bugs in the Dakar truck and make a serious go at it.

ScoobyMike

Minis still looking strong after Stage 3 with the lead + 4in the top 10. Toyotas still running 2 & 3. Robbie ran strong and I am looking forward to seeing how he does today

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Robby Gordon slipped to 24th place overall, 6:53:21 behind the leader.

In the truck class, KAMAZes are the top 3. :D

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Its impressive how fast those KAMAZes are. Top 2 trucks have faster overall time than the first car.