Why is forum traffic down?

DirtyChemist

I watched a lot from the outside because I had other stuff going on. Always wanted to get something going but it just wasn't ever a good time.

Got into it with a $2,500 jeep XJ on 33s (damn near standard around these parts) and threw a lockrite in the rear. Made it to soup bowl on my first trip. Now I'm piecing together an axle swap so HOPEFULLY just coming here daily/weekly will pick up traffic again. Even if it's just for weekend trips like what Bill ran.

I totally understand why the "good trails" in the area aren't made public. You get invited to them after you've shown you're the right type of people to be invited to them.

Brizzman

Premium Member
As many have said, I think Facebook is where most go now. I hate it and don't have FB.

I think pics hosted on site would make it much more likely for people to come back or join up. It's much easier to use that way, and you don't lose great threads that become worthless when the pics are lost. I like it much better since I became a paid member again and have that.

The thing is that more traffic would bring more traffic. I don't check in as much because there usually isn't much to check.

DirtyChemist

With coronavirus panic you'd think there would be more people on the forum, I guess everyone is busy reposting memes on facebook.
They're busy watching YouTube videos of people outside doing stuff, or walking their dogs to get outside. Heck even today I was sick of the TV being on and wanted to check out some new areas. Made me think about the days when the website would organize a group run and have lunch in VC after.

kairo

Staff member
With coronavirus panic you'd think there would be more people on the forum, I guess everyone is busy reposting memes on facebook.
I haven't had facebook in almost ten years! I'm busy trying to figure out how to keep my job right now lol.

I did look at Dolan Toyota. Wanted to see what kind of pandemic special I could get on a Tundra. Free delivery within 50 miles. Yah, no sale dudes.

DirtyChemist

I haven't had facebook in almost ten years! I'm busy trying to figure out how to keep my job right now lol.

I did look at Dolan Toyota. Wanted to see what kind of pandemic special I could get on a Tundra. Free delivery within 50 miles. Yah, no sale dudes.
Dave smith has 84 months 0% and 3 months no payments. Cheaper than dealing with the locals even with the cost to bring it to town and you're still going to pay sales tax on a new truck.

kairo

Staff member
Dave smith has 84 months 0% and 3 months no payments. Cheaper than dealing with the locals even with the cost to bring it to town and you're still going to pay sales tax on a new truck.
84 months at 0% is free money for days. I may have to give them a ring.

Edit: I aint drivin' to Idaho lol

BrownBear

Premium Member
Well it seems that mostly everybody that commented does not use facebook. I don't use it!
That must account for the thread being mostly the same people commenting, so yes, I would say everyone else is on facebook. :sick:

Mr_Scott

Premium Member
I was in Moab for a week when the world imploded and came back with a broken rig and no yob. Hopefully parts show up this week.

From the looks of things, this weekend should be nice enough to get me out and quit posting memes of Facebook:p

DirtyChemist

I was in Moab for a week when the world imploded and came back with a broken rig and no yob. Hopefully parts show up this week.

From the looks of things, this weekend should be nice enough to get me out and quit posting memes of Facebook:p
I got a buddy talking about doing a snow run.

I’ve spent my time cleaning up axles for a swap.
Maybe if I start, or continue, a build thread it would bring people back. I just haven’t started much.

Brad

I'm new here. I saw the website on a sticker on the back of a Jeep so here I am. I will try to document some things I plan to do to my truck to make it more trail worthy. Should be a cool project. It might be a little bit though because money is slow to come in these days. My company is severely impacted by the virus as the industry we service is entirely shutdown around the world. I just got here but it would be great to see this place active. I have a lot to learn about the region.

Brad

Forgive the double post, but if you want to bring in new people and maybe bring some prior members back you could try creating a Facebook group. It might be a good way to get the word out about this website as Facebook is built for that sort of thing. I have a Facebook business page that is only used to bring traffic to our website and it works quite well. When group members share your content it's free advertising. Just a thought.

Brad

We have a fb group/page, it seems to have a life of it's own, more of a "for sale" group.
Gotchya. Maybe a concerted effort to bring people from Facebook to the site would do the trick. Sticker giveaways, some sort of photo competition, or even just posting photos and links to existing build threads could all bring traffic back here. I know that I prefer forums like everyone else in this thread. It just a matter of showing people that there is value here.

Again I'm just trying to help generate some ideas 👍

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
I'm not sure why I fell off, but I'm back! I'm always looking, hardly posting for some reason.
I think we all got busy with life. New interests, I hardly ever go target shooting or fishing anymore. I'll join in for the annual land cleanups, but the passion isn't 100%.