Why is forum traffic down?

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
We have a fb group/page, it seems to have a life of it's own, more of a "for sale" group.
But that was by design? It seemed like it changed from a regular page to buy/sell? Plenty of that on the FB market place now. Also, we are competing with 10 or 20 FB off-road groups....

Sasquatch

Premium Member
I remember way back in the day, there were a bunch of us hooligans in our early 20's that were wheeling beat up POSs . That group is now in their mid 30's. You "old guys" are even older....

I think life caught up to a bunch of us. And I'm not seeing any younger folk coming around. A lot of that is facebook.

The prices on used jeeps seems to get crazier and crazier. I see so many cool built rigs for sale that expect you to pay retail for every mod they have on them lol.

Any of you guys remember that black '79 F150 I had? Bought that with a brand new set of 35's and a hotrod motor for $2500. Haven't seen a 79 Ford for under $5k lately.

Hobby's getting expensive!
This is totally true. One of the members back in the day had a partially built, capable Jeep comanche for sale when he moved and I almost bought it for 2500$. Now you can't even find a stock comanche for twice that price. XJ's are the same.

I don't know why I got away from the forum. Work, life, everything else going on, and probably Facebook too. I much prefer the forums to Facebook groups though, content is sorted better, easier to access in my opinion, and it feels like more of a community or secret (or not) club kinda.

I think the photos help, I'm sure when the photobucket thing happened, people got frustrated and turned away from posting photos. It's easy to upload photos to Facebook, but they own photos that are posted and I deleted a lot of mine I had there because of it.

Reno Computer Repair

renocomputerrepair.com
Staff member
This is totally true. One of the members back in the day had a partially built, capable Jeep comanche for sale when he moved and I almost bought it for 2500$. Now you can't even find a stock comanche for twice that price. XJ's are the same.

I don't know why I got away from the forum. Work, life, everything else going on, and probably Facebook too. I much prefer the forums to Facebook groups though, content is sorted better, easier to access in my opinion, and it feels like more of a community or secret (or not) club kinda.

I think the photos help, I'm sure when the photobucket thing happened, people got frustrated and turned away from posting photos. It's easy to upload photos to Facebook, but they own photos that are posted and I deleted a lot of mine I had there because of it.
That entire Photobucket shit show I just shrugged my shoulders and let it pass. I didn't want to burn a calorie as I have all the originals on the data drive.

DirtyChemist

I think it runs like clubs. Some people come in, get all into it, then a life change happens and they fade out slowly and just never make it back. Other times you have people who have been here for years and see things come and go and trends repeat themselves. It is unfortunate for some who are new and there aren’t many newbies around.

DaGimp

In your opinion, what are the main reasons for the reduced participation of people on our forum? Is it the older software? Features? Social media integration? Lack of mobile support? Or perhaps it's not technology related at all?
Dont worry I 'm about to spark some talk.. Pro or con

DaGimp

Maybe a different look as is its a hobby. Today and growing people have less money for hobbies.