Wish me luck! My 4Runners 3vze and tranny extraction this weekend.

AaronsEvilTwin

Oh, man. Here it comes... This will likely suck. Umm, a good suck maybe? Like sweet & sour candy? (shrug) All this remains to be seen.

Checklist:
  • Shop Crane & Load Leveler
  • Tranny Jack & Other Tools
  • Companions/Helpers
  • BEER!
:thumbsup: Good to go. :p

I'll try to get some pics and start a thread outside of chit chat for it. I may be able to get my GF's bro's video camera. HD, BABY!

Gonna see if I have time to get the rear main oil seal done while I'm at it. I HAVE to get this 4Runner runnin'. This is my daily driver. *8(

AaronsEvilTwin

Man, that was... exhilarating. o_O

It is done! Can I get an AMEN! "AMEN! Hallelujah!" A complete extraction was not necessary. Thank gawd!

This project was to remove a stuck fastener that was preventing the removal of the starter. Anyone that doesn't know where the starter is located on a Gen 2 V6 4Runner can get a nice look at it.

I tried to get some good pics and stuff, but hat didn't work out too well. My girlfriend helped and took a few stills; our added muscle/cameraman bailed on us so... enjoy some crappy video from my phone:

If I would have had more time this weekend, it would have been completely out and had the rear crankshaft oil seal replaced.