YJ trail rig

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
After a few years without a trail rig, picked up this thing yesterday. Going to keep it fairly simple, no links or coilovers. It needs a new engine (2.5).

Last edited:

jfrey123

We need another turbo 2.5L to gawk over, but that wouldn’t fit in stock class I don’t think.

kairo

Staff member
Nice! White was always the best color on the YJ (biased having had one myself)

DirtyChemist

Inspired by KOH?
What exactly does stock class allow, or NOT allow? I saw some Toyota’s and a few Grands were popular. I just don’t know enough to look at the rules and understand what is and isn’t allowed. Stock axles and suspension style, correct?

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Inspired by KOH?
What exactly does stock class allow, or NOT allow? I saw some Toyota’s and a few Grands were popular. I just don’t know enough to look at the rules and understand what is and isn’t allowed. Stock axles and suspension style, correct?
Axles, transmission and tcase are not restricted. Stock motor and suspension configuration are required.

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
I pretty much decided to swap in a 2.4 Ecotec, it's lighter and I already have a stand-alone harness for it.

Picked up a YJ AX-15 transmission for it, Solstice/Sky bellhousing is on the way as well.

Last edited:

Dennis

Administrator
Staff member
Tore the transmission down, everything inside looked pristine, so new seals and new input shaft (older style, with a smaller pilot) and seal it back up.