YOTES

NvShooter

2 down hopefully many more to come. Anyone get some yet this year.

IMG_4019.jpg

This coyote and Bobcat were actually taken last year but i just got a chance to get them on the comp.
101_1562.jpg

1023001614.jpg

Phill Kenoyer

Wish people would stop killing the coyotes here because the rabbits are eating everything now. 100s of them. And no more yotes around anymore.

y0da

So.. Until someone kills 70% or more of a coyote population in a given year, they will not have any affect on the population next year. Coyotes will actually start to breed twice a year if they numbers dwindle. If you have a rabbit problem, I would LOVE to come start plinking them. Nice looking dogs btw.

floor ya

i have shot a hand full this year so far. my cousin runs a trap line here in our area and he has killed a pile of them so far. way more then last year. the only "coyote problem" we have is there are to many of them.i kill everyone i can.

rundovr

I would gladly shoot the rabbits with my bow and if in and area where you can shoot 17HMR or 223 and end the rabbit problem I have taken around 10 dogs this year and one of those was at around 10 feet shot him through the head with recurve bow===========no I'm not that good he scared me and I scared him just pulled and shot. anyone want to go let me know I have decoy and mouth call and elect. call and time to do it.

RARECJ8

we are over ran here with rabbits but since w/in city limits, shooting is a big risk. And they breed faster than those damn ground squirrels so its like draining the ocean with a coffee straw... Still, a few here and there feel good although may not make any real difference.

PhantomRage

we are over ran here with rabbits but since w/in city limits, shooting is a big risk. And they breed faster than those damn ground squirrels so its like draining the ocean with a coffee straw... Still, a few here and there feel good although may not make any real difference.

you should come over here. in the morning the street looks like a pallet of coco pebbles got air dropped.

Fyresq

Got a couple so far (since November 1st) and called a triple into 20 feet the other day, my partner never saw them till they were right there and it scared the crap out of him, they saw him first and I only got one on a running shot. I had to let them come in cause he only had a shotgun and I was lip squeaking to him but he never heard me, they came running in at full throttle - I don't hunt them year round, mainly cause I skin them and keep the furs (November to March).

I'm up for trying new areas if someone wants to go (so you don't have to give up your good spots). I have foxpro callers, couple different decoys and can shotgun, bow, and have two .223's set up.

NvShooter

Yea i only call em during the time of year they have good coats, my dads trying to get enough to make a blanket out of em. But i'll shoot them anytime of the year if the opprotunity presents itself.

I bought a mountian lion tag this year... after calling in the bobcat last year i fugred its only a matter of time till i see a lion out there, but no luck yet. I need to go out and just focus on trying to call a lion. You mind me asking what area you saw the tracks? If you have a tag and are after him never mind just figured id ask. I was thinking about going up on pevine and trying next weekend.

I would be down to go out with ya Fyresq im off on the weekends so anytime your goin let me know. I moslty head out to the doyle area when calling em, ive tried a bunch of spots all around reno that seem to be good spots but never had any luck, not sure if there just hip to the game from being called so much or if i just need to find better spots. Haha. Seems the further from reno i get the better i do.

C

cjc143c

wow not so sure I'd feal good about myself if I killed one of those bobcats.

NvShooter

Why are you anti hunting in general or do you just pick and choose whats to cute to shoot. To each his own i guess to me it was a fun experiance that i will remember forever.

Last edited:
C

cjc143c

No,what did you chum him in with chicken or did he here your call and come to eat some rabbit or did he see all the yotes and come to dine?bobcats are a awsome predetor and they dont disturb humans.

NvShooter

What did i chum him with? I wasnt fishing dude. And i no didnt bait him with anything he came in to a call on my foxpro. Fact is with a $50 trapping lisence you can hunt and trap as many as you want in nevada and even being a non-res in cali you can get 5 tags for $15... I think that alone speaks volumes to the amount that are out there. As far as you thinking them to majestic to hunt i could give 2 squirts of piss what you think. Like i said to each his own. If you dont like it dont hunt em and if it makes you feel bad to see pics of dead animals maybe the hunting section of the forum is a bad place to be looking around.

Anyways to the people that arent here to throw buckets of blood on my fur coat. Im hoping to go again next weekend.. time and weather permiting if i get a chance to go i'll shoot you a pm later in the week.