YOTES

Sierra Valley

Just a question as I have been hunting all my life and dont really see the fun in just shooting animals to shoot animals. How fast do coyotes reproduce? How many in a litter? If all you honkeys go out and blast them weekly is that sustainable?

Desertdog77

Just a question as I have been hunting all my life and dont really see the fun in just shooting animals to shoot animals. How fast do coyotes reproduce? How many in a litter? If all you honkeys go out and blast them weekly is that sustainable?

NDOW says there are 110,000 Coytoes in the State. They hunt them from planes in some areas. Coyotes are a serious menace to deer, sage hens, cattle and sheep herds. They also kill hundreds of pets in Nevada every year. This honkey kills everyone I can legally where they stand.

cherokeegarrett

At my place in cold springs they can be heard almost every night. I have even heard that they have been lurking around in the neighborhoods also. This kinda has me questioning now. After one is killed, is there anything else to do with them? Or, do people just normally leave them to rot?

Oh, and I'm quite satisfied in knowing that they kill some peoples pets. I love the fact that we don't have cats roaming around my neighborhood pissing on tires and shitting on lawns!

cherokeegarrett

At my place in cold springs they can be heard almost every night. I have even heard that they have been lurking around in the neighborhoods also. This kinda has me questioning now. After one is killed, is there anything else to do with them? Or, do people just normally leave them to rot?

Oh, and I'm quite satisfied in knowing that they kill some peoples pets. I love the fact that we don't have cats roaming around my neighborhood pissing on tires and shitting on lawns!

I probably should have read through the pages before posting my question... looks like the popular thing to do in skin them and keep the fur. Kinda cool. Any other ideas? I've heard pro's and cons on eating rabbits but what about the yotes?

tahoe1028

im all for shooting yotes : although they take care of those asshole rabbits that cause more damage than then the yotes do do . like cherokeehobo says we got plenty of em out here.

tahoe1028

Id like to go pop some Cotton tails. Few folks have told me they are real yummy.

come get these assholes out of my yard. if you got traps then you are welcome to place them in my front yard. if you don't get the furry fuckfaces then you might get my asshole neighbors dog that shits in my yard

Desertdog77

I probably should have read through the pages before posting my question... looks like the popular thing to do in skin them and keep the fur. Kinda cool. Any other ideas? I've heard pro's and cons on eating rabbits but what about the yotes?

If you plan on keeping or selling hides check the NDOW rules carefully.

BTW I have wiped out whole dens of 4-10 of them and had new pack move in within a few weeks. Taken them out and another pair moves in. They are worse(or better) than rabbits.

Bitosin

If you plan on keeping or selling hides check the NDOW rules carefully.

BTW I have wiped out whole dens of 4-10 of them and had new pack move in within a few weeks. Taken them out and another pair moves in. They are worse(or better) than rabbits.

How do you get them out of the den??? Use a smoke bomb or something like that to flush them out?

Desertdog77

How do you get them out of the den??? Use a smoke bomb or something like that to flush them out?

There is a den at the top of one of the hills near my residence. The relatively mature pack was literally terrorizing the area. Dogs, cats and even a lamb were taken by them. One morning I was out watching for them and caught them crossing the road. I was in a perfect spot to monitor their walk home. Managed to get the spot of the den and over the rest of two days took out everyone that stuck it's head up. Mostly pure luck, I had been hunting them for about a month on and off. Now that I know where the den is I go there first when new ones show up in the area, which is frequent. Problem is our wonderful Sheriff added it to the no shooting zone a few years back so now I trap them or other means.........

NvShooter

Finally got a chance to go call today. Went to our go to spot always have them come in there and always come from the same place but had one come in behind us this time saw it when it was about 10 ft behind my dad lol I moved to shoot and it ran up the hill took a shot and missed. Really cool though he got dam close that dirt spray stuff works amazin. But we went down the road and got another one to come in and my dad got it. Great day!
IMG_1192.JPG